Author Topic: Disappearing skill books glitch?  (Read 3711 times)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Disappearing skill books glitch?
« on: September 10, 2014, 01:14:45 PM »
I bought my Sims a variety of different skill books hoping to skill them up more quickly.  My chef needs to do mixology for promotions.  He started to read mixology one and no skill level appeared.  So we started on skill level two book and he had that green meter over his head.  Later on in the day when I wanted to send him back to reading all the books in his inventory had disappeared.  They were not on surfaces or in the bookshelf.  Anyone else have skill books just disappear?  This was his entire inventory of books which included several others.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Indira

• Occult
Re: Disappearing skill books glitch?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2014, 02:40:29 PM »
I've never encountered this problem before. All the books i bought have always been with my sim. Even when i continually move households (due to using a single "rich sim" that I use to test homes i created), i would find the copies of the books in the bookshelf. The ones in my inventory remain where they are.

It is possible the books are laying about your house. A guest/s may have browsed your bookshelves. Active sims and guests can select skill books on their own and read it. Have you tried clicking on bookcase and choosing "Clean up books"?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: Disappearing skill books glitch?
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2014, 05:18:02 PM »
No guests and no books laying around.  I will try Clean Up Books though, so thank you.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

anything