Author Topic: Research Art Reference?  (Read 4177 times)

Offline Devin

• Occult
Research Art Reference?
« on: September 12, 2014, 02:51:34 PM »
I've done this successfully in the past, but two sims have now tried three times total in the current game and they've been unsuccessful. Is there something that I'm missing, or is this a bug?

Offline callycat

• Occult
Re: Research Art Reference?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2014, 02:58:14 PM »
I've done this successfully in the past, but two sims have now tried three times total in the current game and they've been unsuccessful. Is there something that I'm missing, or is this a bug?

I've just done this so it's not a bug introduced with the patch, if that helps. It was greyed out until the effect wore off, but otherwise no problems.
[they/them pronouns please]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline jesirose

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2014, 05:29:20 PM »
It's not a bug, it's just not always successful. That's why the task says "successfully research". It might help to be focused.
- Jessica

Offline Devin

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2014, 09:58:48 AM »
Nope, it had to have been a glitch. I restarted the game and it worked.

Before, it was never greyed out -- I could research art reference back to back. Now it greys out regardless of the sim's traits.

My sims weren't failing: they weren't completing the task after hours of sitting in front of the computer and exhausting themselves. Now I've seen two failures and I get a note that they failed. This was simply not completing. Really odd.

I'm going to try deleting some save files, since things have been getting slower recently.

Offline jesirose

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2014, 11:02:23 AM »
That's a lot more information than saying they were unsuccessful :-P
- Jessica

Offline Chris41279

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2014, 02:38:28 PM »
Once you have the 8 hour buff, you can't research again until the buff wears off according to what I've seen.