Author Topic: Gardening Guide  (Read 36934 times)

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
Re: Gardening Guide
« Reply #90 on: October 31, 2014, 09:42:34 PM »
DarkWalker is better at this than I am, but from what I can tell, it effects how long the plants stay watered, the chance to get bugs, the size of the fruit, and how fast they grow.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #91 on: November 01, 2014, 12:57:44 PM »
Yeah, that may be so. I got my info working on another guide and noticing they had gone days and days with no contact only to survive. They definitely have more vitality as it says, but the mechanisms that create that are likely what you discovered. Could be they just survived because the water lasted longer and there were less bugs. When I'm working on a page I really hone in on that one thing :) Rewards will come soon after completion of the skills list. I'll look in the xml myself and use a couple Sims to do some testing to see if it holds true in gameplay.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline DarkWalker

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #92 on: November 01, 2014, 06:22:23 PM »
DarkWalker is better at this than I am, but from what I can tell, it effects how long the plants stay watered, the chance to get bugs, the size of the fruit, and how fast they grow.

Seems to be it. Notable absences are weeds and evolution; the trait doesn't seem to effect those.

(Incidentally, this is one trait where figuring what it does is a pain. The trait does nothing directly; instead, it's tested when the green thumb sim interacts with a plant, at which point that plant will gain a state — like a trait for objects — that says so, and in the file that defines the state it has tunings to double the growth speed of the object and make it need just one fifth of the watering and one tenth of the spraying.)

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #93 on: November 01, 2014, 09:32:22 PM »
I truly appreciate you sharing that with us, DarkWalker. Knowing exactly how it works is much better than any generalized statement. I've tried poking around in the xml and found info difficult to find. I've now got it in a folder I can search, so should be able to find some of this myself to help put out guides that have more of these juicy details.

Offline armstras06

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #94 on: November 11, 2014, 12:46:05 PM »
Also adding some of the plant locations are different in every game. Onions are at the Rendle Rose house in my game.

Offline Tipi

• Occult
« Reply #95 on: November 13, 2014, 12:29:03 AM »
The November patch added a new feature to gardening which I have not seen mentioned on this site: when you hover over your plants there's a new picture of a potted plant with varying numbers of petals on the plant. The petals represent the evolution progress for each plant and the colour of the flower determines the plants health.

A simguru gives more info about the feature here on the official forum.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #96 on: November 13, 2014, 01:03:13 PM »
That's awesome, Tipi! Thanks for sharing. I had no idea but will note that in the gardening guide under evolution when I am able :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #97 on: December 08, 2014, 08:13:57 PM »
Does anyone know what the quality order is? From the least to the highest, in the correct order. Thanks

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #98 on: December 09, 2014, 02:40:39 AM »
 Normal, Nice, Very Nice, Good, Great, Excellent, Superb, Magnificent, Pristine, Perfect.  :)  ad infinitum  :P
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #99 on: December 09, 2014, 07:41:58 AM »
Normal, Nice, Very Nice, Good, Great, Excellent, Superb, Magnificent, Pristine, Perfect.  :)  ad infinitum  :P

Thanks Playalot, Next time I'm routing my harvestables in the frig, I'm gonna have to pay attention better. It seems like my Perfect was a lower price then the pristine. *shrugs*

EDITED:
Is it different from item to item? My parsley Prefect is lower in price then my Pristine, BUT my Prefect Strawberries are Higher then all other strawberries.  ??? I'm confused. But whats new.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #100 on: December 09, 2014, 11:03:11 PM »
It seems to be a bit random. I can have magnificent blackberries worth about $144 and yet perfect ones are only worth $96. (Not quite sure if that is exact price as I've sold them now, but close enough for the example). Traveling with produce in your inventory can affect the price as well as selling some out of a stack.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.