Author Topic: Randomization of traits  (Read 2355 times)

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Randomization of traits
« on: September 03, 2014, 02:53:17 PM »
I know we had a chat about how to get randomization of traits done on the demo thread. I have come across this randomizer (which also picks an aspiration) from PlatinumSimmers. I tried it a couple of times and think it's pretty neat if you are looking for this sort if thing (which I was).

Offline stitching_JA

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Randomization of traits
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2014, 07:31:49 PM »
Thank you for the link.  I like to use randomization to break me out of a rut or to get ideas for a new sim or story.  I can see using this to get trait combinations.  However, I don't think I'd use it for the accompanying aspiration.  I just tried it out, and rolled a good, bro, glutton, with a chief of mischief aspiration (trait: dastardly "Dastardly Sims perform stronger and more successful mean interactions").  I just can't see using that aspiration with a good sim, who becomes happy when others are happy. 

Well, perhaps if he also had the insane trait....  Actually, that might make for an interesting to play sim.  I wonder how good and dastardly would interact to affect the sim. It's not what I want to do right now in my games, but I'll keep the idea in mind for later.  Thanks!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Canucklehead044

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2014, 07:34:10 PM »
Thank you so much for this link :)! I always love to randomize my aspirations and traits, this will be extremely helpful for me!

Offline jillz

• Origin ID: Charzof
  • Townie
  • Knitter. Gamer. Geek.
    • The New Adventures of Priska
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2014, 08:40:57 PM »
Oh hey, that's handy! I actually just made a list and kept it in a txt note on my desktop then copy/pasted the list into Random.org's list randomizer when I wanted a random list of traits. This link is much easier than my long way around! :)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2014, 01:20:16 AM »
That's great Saltpastillen, I was trying to convince my son to create one but he said he had more important things to do right now! I know, shocking, what is more important than the sims?  ;)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

anything