Author Topic: Sims 4 - Great Games Guarantee  (Read 4012 times)

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Sims 4 - Great Games Guarantee
« on: July 15, 2014, 10:12:08 PM »
For those who may be on the fence whether they wish to get Sims 4 or not, one thing that may make the decision easier is that the Sims 4 will definitely fall under Origin's Great Games Guarantee.

What is the Great Games Guarantee?  Basically, if you don't care for a game for whatever reason, and assuming you bought it via Origins, if you contact EA, they will refund your purchase.  Be aware this means you will have 24 hours to get a refund from launching the game, and this doesn't cover DLC.  Realize this offer is only for digital releases of  the game.  The official guarantee is copied below:

The Origin Great Game Guarantee

You may return EA full game digital downloads (PC/Mac) purchased on Origin for a full refund within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first. This is in addition to your standard return or refund rights.

Here's how:
1.Visit your Order History and select the "Request a Refund" link next to any eligible product.
2.Complete and submit the Refund Request Form.
3.You'll get a response within 48 hours and your refund within 10 days if you meet the refund criteria.

DLC and non-EA games purchased on Origin are excluded from the Great Game Guarantee. So, this is a guarantee for full game (a.k.a. "base game") digital downloads published by EA for now, including full games on pre-order and most full games on promotional discount.
(Source:  Great Games Guarantee)

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
Re: Sims 4 - Great Games Guarantee
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2014, 05:50:18 PM »
That's wonderful, thanks for sharing! It's not been typical of digital game providers to offer refunds of this sort - I'm really glad that if people hate a game they can get a refund so long as they contact EA promptly. I feel it's reasonable that you should have only a little time to try, given some games can be completed very quickly. A great game is one we play for more than 10 hours given a price tag of $60!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KhaineGB

• Immortal
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2014, 06:47:35 PM »
Thanks for posting this!

I may now look at picking it up... money permitting. :)

Offline AnnDruvez

• I have a real life build project....
  • Townie
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2014, 01:38:45 AM »
That's wonderful, thanks for sharing! It's not been typical of digital game providers to offer refunds of this sort - I'm really glad that if people hate a game they can get a refund so long as they contact EA promptly. I feel it's reasonable that you should have only a little time to try, given some games can be completed very quickly. A great game is one we play for more than 10 hours given a price tag of $60!

Yep. EA does this. A while back, I bought/downloaded World Adventures on my (at the time) brand new Android phone. It turned out that my phone couldn't run it without freezing every ten minutes. I tried everything to get it to work. One hour later and fifteen minutes later, I had a full refund. It's one of the reasons I'm a very loyal customer.
A 1920s era house needing heat, AC, new floors, new drywall on the walls and ceilings, new bathroom fixtures, new kitchen cabinets, new water heaters.... The roof is sound, but why didn't I just buy an empty lot?

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2014, 03:58:15 PM »
It's cool to see someone say something so positive about them as a company - EA isn't all bad, they're just big... :)

Offline jesirose

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2014, 10:04:26 AM »
I think it's a great offer, but only 24 hours to try it out? That doesn't seem like enough time to give it a real test. I think it should be more like 7 days from the time you launch it - some of us only have a little time to play each day.

- Jessica