Author Topic: Not many Sims to interact with?  (Read 3905 times)

Offline Katey21

• Nooboo
Not many Sims to interact with?
« on: July 08, 2014, 05:15:09 PM »
Hi I'm playing Sims 3 with in Dragon Valley with the extension packs - Supernatural and ambitions added - When I go to Varg's bar or the tavern, there are no other sims to interact with? Should I hang about? I have tried this but it gets to 1am Sim time and nothing? Have I loaded too many bought items?
Can anyone help? Thank you  ::)

Offline KhaineGB

• Immortal
Re: Not many Sims to interact with?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 05:20:09 PM »
I believe Varg's Tavern is supposed to be the place for Supernatural Sim's to hang out.

Do you have many Supernatural's in your town?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2014, 05:43:29 PM »
Have you read the newspaper to see where the hot spots are for that night?

Offline Katey21

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2014, 06:17:45 PM »
Yep there are a few fairies, vampires and werewolves, but still not many? The paper doesn't come up with interactions re hotspots, just read?

Thanks for your replies guys,
Kate

Offline Katey21

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2014, 06:30:43 PM »
And only 1 turned up in the Tavern, all the other places are empty?

Offline JodySuzanne1305

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2014, 06:55:52 PM »
I've played Dragon Valley a little bit and noticed very few supernaturals. There may be some but not many. Here some suggestions:

1. Populate your town. You can download sims and supernatural sims from the swap shop thread on this forum and place them in homes in your Dragon Valley town. You can even insert some new starter homes into your town to add more sims.

2. You can also add some different hangouts into dragon valley. I know on the swap shop there are some buildings that have been remodeled in a dragon valley style.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2014, 08:03:32 PM »
Yep there are a few fairies, vampires and werewolves, but still not many? The paper doesn't come up with interactions re hotspots, just read?

Thanks for your replies guys,
Kate
Yes, just read the paper. You'll have learn about who has moved in and out, sports scores, etc. before getting to hot spots.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Katey21

• Nooboo
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2014, 04:57:19 AM »
KRae and Jodiesuzanne - thank you both so much, I'll put that into action tonight after work! Have a great day,
Kate  :D

Dellena

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2014, 07:50:28 AM »
The problem could be TOO many venues in your town.  See how many there are.  Sims 3 only pushes a certain number of NPC's to community lots.  If you have a lot of them, you might not be seeing much traffic.  When I start a new game, I always have to go through and remove or relocate added lots (since I have all expansions).  Cut it down to one hangout venue and one dance place (or combine them into one) and see what happens.  Limit the choices the NPC's have on where to go.  Am glad this is fixed with Sims 4.

Offline JodySuzanne1305

• Occult
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2014, 11:06:02 AM »

The problem could be TOO many venues in your town.  See how many there are.  Sims 3 only pushes a certain number of NPC's to community lots.  If you have a lot of them, you might not be seeing much traffic.  When I start a new game, I always have to go through and remove or relocate added lots (since I have all expansions).  Cut it down to one hangout venue and one dance place (or combine them into one) and see what happens.  Limit the choices the NPC's have on where to go.  Am glad this is fixed with Sims 4.

Good call, I think this is a problem of Bridgeport. There are so many places to go. But I thought the addition of venues would help with the newspaper hotspot feature. Also, what does NPC stand for?

I said there were venues added to the swap shop that have been redone in dragon valley style but now I cannot find them. I'm pretty sure I didn't make this up..

Dellena

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2014, 11:52:54 AM »
NPC = Non Player Character - so any sim that you don't control

Offline JodySuzanne1305

• Occult
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2014, 01:00:38 PM »

NPC = Non Player Character - so any sim that you don't control

That's what I was thinking! Just making sure! Thanks!

anything