Author Topic: Placing an Apartment  (Read 2067 times)

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
Placing an Apartment
« on: June 18, 2014, 03:01:40 PM »
I downloaded an apartment from the Swap Shop and want to place it in Bridgeport.  The problem is, there are few spots that are big enough.  When I go to place it in edit town, it won't even show that the specific spots are open.  Now, I think it has to do with the fact that the trash can and mailbox are on the lot and I can't get rid of them.  If I bulldoze the lot anymore, the lot itself just disappears.  I've even tried changing it to apartment designation and it still won't let me place it.  I'm sure I'm missing a step somewhere.  I did test it out in a fresh game (the game I wanna place it in has been running for quite a while) and it was fine, so I'm not sure what's going on.  If anyone has any ideas, it would be greatly appreciated!

Offline AnnDruvez

• I have a real life build project....
  • Townie
Re: Placing an Apartment
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2014, 09:05:38 PM »
I downloaded an apartment from the Swap Shop and want to place it in Bridgeport.  The problem is, there are few spots that are big enough.  When I go to place it in edit town, it won't even show that the specific spots are open.  Now, I think it has to do with the fact that the trash can and mailbox are on the lot and I can't get rid of them.  If I bulldoze the lot anymore, the lot itself just disappears.  I've even tried changing it to apartment designation and it still won't let me place it.  I'm sure I'm missing a step somewhere.  I did test it out in a fresh game (the game I wanna place it in has been running for quite a while) and it was fine, so I'm not sure what's going on.  If anyone has any ideas, it would be greatly appreciated!

Disappear the lot, then re-place one. See if that works.
A 1920s era house needing heat, AC, new floors, new drywall on the walls and ceilings, new bathroom fixtures, new kitchen cabinets, new water heaters.... The roof is sound, but why didn't I just buy an empty lot?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.