Author Topic: My game has gone from lagging alot to now not saving. I have all expansions  (Read 2079 times)

Offline RoganM

• Nooboo
I hadn't saved in a bit because I had just has twins and was teaching them things and leveling up my plumbots skills before I went to bed and now I keep getting error 12 check read me everytime I go to save so please please help

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Not Saving - Error 12
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2014, 06:38:23 PM »
Here are some tips to try:

-- Try Save As and give it a new name
-- Create a new game save as a test to see if you still have save problems. If you don't, your older game-save may just be getting too big. In this case, save your household with house and load them into a new game.

If you want to read more on the Error message and find more tips, here's a link for that.

Save Errors (Error 12, 13, or 16)
http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/03/error-save-errors-error-12-13-or-16.html

I hope this helps, :)

MrsFlynn
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RoganM

• Nooboo
I tried to save as but it still has the same error message and I can't start a test save game because I haven't exited the game in case I loose all my progress. does it auto save at all when you have kids or they have birthdays? they are in the island paradiso or however it's spelt on a house boat.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
The game does not auto save unless you have a mod to help you with that.

It sounds like the game-save may have gotten corrupted. If you're not able to either click save and give it a name or click Save As and give it a name. You may have to try going back to a previous save-game if you have one. Or look up above at the link I previously posted for more tips.

It's recommended to save and backup often, due to the game's quirkiness. And try not to play for hours on end, or if you find that you do, save and get out of the game every few hours to let the game and memory refresh itself.

MrsFlynn
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
I find that if I have too many saved games in the folder, the game I am currently playing won't save for me. I was told to delete some of the saved games that I was no longer playing and would not be playing in the future. When I did so, I discovered I was able to save again. Of course, that meant I had to leave the game I was trying to save. HOWEVER, I did find that the game I was trying to save did actually save, it just didn't appear in my list of saved games until after I had cleaned out the old saved games.

Maybe try that. I can't promise that it'll work in the same way as it did for me, but it might.

Dek

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
There are a few ways you can snap out of an error 12, but unfortunately, if they don't work, then you'll have to give up and forfeit the progress you've made. Try pausing the game, then go into map view, and save from there. Make sure your game is paused when you try to save. If it doesn't work, zoom back into the household, unpause, pause again, try saving.

It's a little fiddly, but keep going between map-view and zoomed in while paused and you might get it to go, there's very few other ways to save past an error 12. The only way to prevent those from happening in the future is by Saving-As and giving the file a new name, also try to avoid using spaces in that name (as I've read those can lead to saving troubles in the future).
Save often, Save As often and back up your Sims in case you're just stuck.
If you simply can't save, another thing you can do is go into Edit Town mode and save your family to the Sim Bin. Messier, but you can put them back down in a new town with all the skill progress retained.

anything