Author Topic: My male Sim keeps getting other males responding to his dating profile -Resolved  (Read 8425 times)

Offline Benie

• of the D family
  • Townie
So, this feels rather disturbing to me. Don't know why this keeps happening, but my male Sim when he checks his messages from Online Dating, all he gets are males who are interested in him. That's it. Every single one is a male. No females. Very disheartening.

Not sure what's causing this to happen, and why there's no "I'm a Male seeking a Female" option when doing his profile. Is this supposed to happen?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Sims do become attracted to the same gender in the game, but this sounds more like a glitch.  What about when you browse other profiles?  Do you see male or female Sims?  Also, try deleting your dating profile and making a new one.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Benie

• of the D family
  • Townie
Alright, I've deleted it, and yes, I do see male and female Sims when browsing profiles. And once again, all I get are male sims that are interested.

Offline sammymcgoff

• Budding linguist
  • Townie
  • Rwy'n byth ifanc
I have read this on the official forums, where someone's Sim started getting messages from the same sex after one of the Crumplebottom sisters kissed her female Sim in Moonlight Falls. Are you sure this isn't what happened to your Sim?
The Twinbrook Genetic Challenge

Offline Benie

• of the D family
  • Townie
Well, I live in the town that comes with Pets. Don't know anything about Moonlight Falls.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
If the game noticed that you tend to let your Sim spend a lot of time around other guys in a romantic manner it may be inclined to send other guys your way via the profile, is what Sammy was saying. The Crumplebottom Sisters are Witches in Moonlight Falls, they often cast "Love Charms" on themselves and end up kissing the first person they talk to. Because there was a female sim who went to talk to one of them, and she got kissed (thus making them romantic interests) the game assumed that was what the player might want and started having her get requests from other female sims.

So, my best idea of how to conteract that would be to:
>Browse female profiles and send female Sims messages.
>Have your male Sim flirt/kiss a few girls around town.
>Remove all male messages from your profile for one night, do the above and see what happens.

If the game still only sends you male Sim requests - it's a glitch.

Offline Benie

• of the D family
  • Townie
Alright, I shall do your suggestions. My sim hasn't been hanging out with Sims of the opposite sex. So, I will definitely try this.
I do know the 3rd thing you suggested, removing all Male requests. That doesn't seem to work, as they come right back.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
Alright, I shall do your suggestions. My sim hasn't been hanging out with Sims of the opposite sex. So, I will definitely try this.
I do know the 3rd thing you suggested, removing all Male requests. That doesn't seem to work, as they come right back.
I know, they do tend to appear every day. I just meant to clear them out with the "X" rather than to accept them, so the game doesn't assume that's what you're looking for. Just keep clearing them out until the other suggestions are done to see if that helps get more female sims coming your way.

Offline sunnydays

• Llama Wrangler
If the game noticed that you tend to let your Sim spend a lot of time around other guys in a romantic manner it may be inclined to send other guys your way via the profile, is what Sammy was saying. The Crumplebottom Sisters are Witches in Moonlight Falls, they often cast "Love Charms" on themselves and end up kissing the first person they talk to. Because there was a female sim who went to talk to one of them, and she got kissed (thus making them romantic interests) the game assumed that was what the player might want and started having her get requests from other female sims.

So, my best idea of how to conteract that would be to:
>Browse female profiles and send female Sims messages.
>Have your male Sim flirt/kiss a few girls around town.
>Remove all male messages from your profile for one night, do the above and see what happens.

If the game still only sends you male Sim requests - it's a glitch.

Just to add to this - it's my understanding (and please someone correct me if I'm wrong) that all sims start out as basically bisexual - with 50% interest in both men and women. As you have them perform romantic interactions with sims of a certain gender, their interest in that gender is increased. I find that when I play a female sim who tends to have mostly female friends, she eventually starts getting wishes to kiss them, because I've made her use the "Ask if single" and "Ask sign" interactions on her friends. The game interprets this as her being romantically interested in women, even though she just wants to know as much about those sims as possible.

So, all you need to do is have your sim perform romantic interactions with women, if you want them to be interested in women. The game won't push a particular sexual orientation on your sims - it essentially leaves it up to you.

Offline Benie

• of the D family
  • Townie
Yeah, I'm definitely seeing what you're saying is true. When traveling, he keeps finding guys attractive.
So in France, I tried romance on a female, and since then, he's finding females being attractive, yet sometimes also still finds guys being attractive. Not sure if this means I need to romance more to 'move' from guys to girls.
Probably do. But this is pretty much my answer.

EDIT: I'm now getting females instead of males checking out my Sim, in online dating. Thank you all.

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
Some sims seem to prefer men to women and vice versa. It's just a part of the game, but I'm glad you got that resolved so you can have kids with them.