Author Topic: Duplicate Sims in the same house!  (Read 3511 times)

FroggieSebato

Duplicate Sims in the same house!
« on: July 03, 2011, 08:27:16 AM »
Just installed WA a few days ago (don't have any other EPs) and downloaded the most recent updates at the same time. It's been really buggy for me so far.

I've travelled to China and improved my Martial Arts to level five, but when my vacation ends and I return home, there is a second copy of my Sim in my house.  He's wearing different clothes has different moodlets, and the needs are at different levels, but it's definitely the same guy (name, portrait, etc) - looks like it's actually my guy from an earlier save.  Inventories have some duplication but some differences.  It's actually kind of funny, because playing as one Sim, I can click on the other and have options to interact, although I haven't tried actually doing it yet.

More frustrating is that NEITHER of the Sims have retained the higher skill level - both are back to level one - and the items I have bought or sold in Shang Simla are not in my inventory (or, for sold items, are back in my inventory) when I come back.

Also, the first adventure I tried was Find Relic (in the Hall of the Lost Army).  My vacation ended before I could complete the adventure, and when I came back, I no longer had the Neophyte keystone in my inventory and the door was still locked.  Don't know if the game is designed that way or what, but I deleted the adventure and tried something else instead.

Please help!

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Duplicate Sims in the same house!
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2011, 11:06:52 AM »
Welcome to the forum, FroggieSebato.

As you've found out, there are several rather annoying bugs associated with travelling.  Some missing items from your inventory can replaced using the buydebug cheat, if you don't mind using cheats.  I've had Sims come back cloned as well.  If you can figure out which is the original Sim, you might want to delete the clone, but that's up to you.  Unfortunately, these bugs have been around for a while and I don't think there's a solution to most of them.  The best idea is to save your game before travelling and "save as" a different name while your sims are travelling, so that if necessary you can return to the saved game from before the trip.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.