Author Topic: Editing/Turning Sunset Valley into Pleasantview?  (Read 4080 times)

Offline NekoGirl111

• Nooboo
Editing/Turning Sunset Valley into Pleasantview?
« on: March 27, 2014, 12:08:02 PM »
Hey there, you guys might remember me as the girl who was asking about getting Erik Darling resurrected, & about the Goth family's LTWs. Well, I finally got that to work for me, & am playing through their LTWs pretty well.

I'm hoping to start a little project of mine. As the title implies, I'd like to try turning Sunset Valley into Pleasantview.

Thing is, what I really would love doing, is using the New Sunset Valley 2013 over at SimFans.de as the world I would be turning into Pleasantview.

This way, all EP features are there & I can play however I want, without needing to move to new towns or modifying the worlds any further.

While I was playing the Goths, I noticed something. I wondered if EA made any references to PV's neighborhood design (i.e. the street layouts, etc), & when I went into map view, this is what came to mind:

However, when I tried replacing lots & editing the world (I have no idea how to find the .world file for NSV2013, besides.. I figure it's under strict lock & key with those that worked on the project.), this is what I found to be a problem:

I did research it some to see if someone's created a mod somewhere for the unroutable terrain issue, but alas, my search ended in failure. Nothing but complaints on EA for botching up their own worlds.

Any ideas? Should the Sunset Valley 2013 file be able to open in CAW without much issue, due to the fact it is unpopulated? But thing is, I've never really touched CAW, so I have no idea how to even start.