Author Topic: World editor vs. CAW  (Read 2296 times)

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
World editor vs. CAW
« on: April 11, 2014, 08:49:54 PM »
I have an idea to redo Bridgeport.  I'm terrible at planning out my own worlds, at least at set up.  Using an existing world would help a lot.  But I'm wondering if I can achieve the same amount of control using World Editor as I could using CAW.  I know there are people who have re-done already made worlds. I'm curious how you accomplished this, what you'd recommend, and a good starting point.

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: World editor vs. CAW
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 04:48:52 AM »
I haven't done anything in either for a while, but from memory, in world editor, you can really only delete and place lots plus a few trees and such. You can't change the land any, for example, if you have some land at the side of the road that is too steep, you can't flatten it in the editor, you would need CAW for that. Same goes for terrain paint, if you wanted to change the land from grassland to desert, you would again need CAW.
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: World editor vs. CAW
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2014, 11:40:03 AM »
Thanks Twinmum ^^  Yeah, I ended up trying the CAW route, mainly because it'll give me more control.  Though haven't had a chance to play with it much.

anything