Author Topic: Moving a House on the Same Lot  (Read 19670 times)

Offline Flynn Arrowstarr

• Administrator
  • Immortal
  • Semi-conscious
Moving a House on the Same Lot
« on: September 11, 2010, 03:29:25 AM »
Okay, here's the issue. I made a recreation of the Ironwood house from TommyT's home building tutorial. However, I placed it on the wrong end of the lot (the fenced area should go at the end of the lot to allow for easy expansion of the main house). I suspect the answer is no, but is there a way to shift the house from one end of the lot to the other end without completely starting over? Thanks for any help (even if it is "no"). :)

Flynn
Check out Flynn's Fineries for houses, Sims and helpful articles.

Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Offline wildredchild

• Immortal
  • Meet Sadie :)
Re: Moving a House on the Same Lot
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2010, 03:33:04 AM »
The only shifting that I know of is that you can pick up the house and place it back onto the lot at which point you can turn it around.  Good luck and welcome to the forum!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Flynn Arrowstarr

• Administrator
  • Immortal
  • Semi-conscious
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2010, 04:02:05 AM »
Yeah, I thought about that. Unfortunately then the house is backwards, heh. Looks like I'll be rebuilding it. :)

Thanks for the welcome. My wife (Mrs. Flynn) and I have been playing these games since the original. Each one has been better than the last. We're just waiting for Sims 3 to get Pets and Weather again...

Flynn
Check out Flynn's Fineries for houses, Sims and helpful articles.

Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Offline TommyT

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2010, 10:28:32 AM »
Unfortunately you'll just have to rebuild it :( I end up building most of my houses twice since the first time I'm just playing with the layout then I demolish and place it where I want on the lot haha.

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2010, 01:38:55 PM »
Yeah, there certainly should be a tool where you can pick up the whole thing and adjust where it's located on the lot, it would certainly make things easier!

Until then, I do a lot of guesstimating and hoping like crazy I get it right the first time!

Welcome to the forum, Flynn!

Aiwe

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2010, 03:08:57 PM »
Or do what I do sometimes and plan your layout out on graph paper... that makes me sound really sad doesn't it?

Offline gerrr00

• Immortal
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2010, 03:33:39 PM »
Or do what I do sometimes and plan your layout out on graph paper... that makes me sound really sad doesn't it?

I bought graph paper for that purpose, so no, it is not sad!  Too bad all of the paper has ended up in the circular file.

I wish you could move a house, I agree AriaGirl77, there should be a tool to move the entire structure.  When I have placed things "wrong", I bulldoze, then replace and actually remember to place it correctly.
Ignorance is not an excuse, please read the forum rules.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything