Author Topic: Game Keeps Crashing  (Read 5466 times)

Offline sunshine_2406

• Occult
  • Call me Alice :)
Re: Game Keeps Crashing
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2014, 08:15:11 AM »
So I'm having problems installing now.

This notification pops up while trying to install Showtime. I'm not quite sure what it means or what I can do. Any ideas?

EDIT: I eventually managed to get it to install, but it took a lot of tries.
From the moment I fell down that rabbit hole I've been told what I must do and who I must be. I've been shrunk, stretched, scratched and stuffed into a teapot. I've been accused of being Alice, and of not being Alice, but this is my dream. I'll decide where it goes from here.

Offline sunshine_2406

• Occult
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2014, 12:01:46 PM »
So unfortunately the problem is still happening. I've discovered that the game crashes when I travel, even though it is now patched and up to date.

The crash log analyzer came up with Unknown, copy to clipboard and paste. Which then told me this: Crash Type: ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x00000060

Not sure how to stop the crashes now.
From the moment I fell down that rabbit hole I've been told what I must do and who I must be. I've been shrunk, stretched, scratched and stuffed into a teapot. I've been accused of being Alice, and of not being Alice, but this is my dream. I'll decide where it goes from here.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2014, 03:13:52 PM »
Hi Sunshine,

Here's something that might help.

Topic: Sims 3 crashing again - this time in all the worlds 
http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=11934.0

It's a couple years old, but Hubby gave a few tips to try. Also, would you mind sharing your crash report with us? It might help give us more insight as to what's happening between the computer and game.

MrsFlynn
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Online Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2014, 06:35:54 AM »
A CRC is a pain to fix sometimes. You got it to reinstall, but I would check the disc for scratches. I had this with another game, the only solution was to pay to resurface the disc. It only cost about $10' though.

As for the crashing, MrsFlynn appears to have this well in hand. :)

Offline sunshine_2406

• Occult
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2014, 06:38:33 AM »
Thanks Seabody, I managed to get the disk to install eventually, I did notice a few scratches on it.

Yeah, MrsFlynn is being a great help :)

anything