Author Topic: Consistant freezing  (Read 2784 times)

Offline sobadnomad

• Nooboo
Consistant freezing
« on: January 21, 2014, 11:34:39 PM »
I have Sims 3, all EPs, and 3 SPs but it freezes before I can even finish making a sim. There's really no other problem, it seems to run fine - I meet all of the requirements. I don't know where to start so I'll tell you what I have done and if someone can help me out that would be great. As of now I only have the base game installed. I have messed with the DEP .exe files for the base game and that helped make the game run an extra 5 minutes tops. I reset the DEP so when/if someone helps I can start from scratch.

*I can't start with a preset family either. Freezes in general.

Here's my dxdiag

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Consistant freezing
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2014, 03:43:20 AM »
Are you still getting the same freezing with only the base game installed?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sobadnomad

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2014, 04:26:52 AM »
Yes. I have a few ideas of what it could be. I've had the base game since the month it was realeased, but read there was a newer version released. It's possible an update is causing conflicts with an outdated disk. But if I were to install and use an EP disk, it could solve it. If not, it could be something stupidly obvious. I've done about everything that others did. If it's a graphics card issue, I'm stuck with it as it's built into the motherboard.

Can't stand computers..

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2014, 04:38:14 AM »
Have you tried re-patching the game with the newest super patch? Sometimes that will fix strange issues.

Have you tried doing a factory reset?

Since you only have the base game installed, have you considered re-installing it to see if that would fix things? And have you registered your game on origin? If so, maybe you could try installing a digital copy, you could still install other EP's/SP's via disc.

Offline sobadnomad

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2014, 10:47:55 AM »
In order; no, I did it twice, and no. Didn't know you could do that although it seems obvious.

I'll give those a go.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2014, 01:36:52 PM »
Something else that might help is to run a registry cleaner program, like Ccleaner - http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download. They have a free version.
This helps clean up temporary files, internet cache files and other files that are left behind that are no longer being used, after uninstalling.

Also using Disk Cleanup and Defrag are helpful to do as well.
-- All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Disk Clean Up
-- All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Defragmenter

These programs will help clean out the unnecessary and temporary files on your computer and reorganize your hard drive to make it run smoother.

Using these programs even after you've installed a program will still help clean up the system.

If you find that your graphics card is causing the problems, you could take into consideration purchasing one and install it or have it installed.

Hubby (Flynn Arrowstarr) talks about a little about our video card, if you want to read it.
Re: Unistalling store world, do I get to keep some of the stuff?
http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,18697.msg351887.html#msg351887

Hope this helps, :)

MrsFlynn
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline sobadnomad

• Nooboo
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2014, 07:53:19 AM »
It is the graphics card, has half the reccomended memory but still meets the requirements. After studying my dxdiag, I learned it's built into the motherboard so nothing can be done there.

On the bright side, I managed to solve the problem. No idea how. I ran the superpatch, new it wasn't too helpful as the launcher took a few minutes to open. After the game opened up, I set mirror reflections to off, reset the game, and let it run on CAS until it froze. Never did. Reflections were the problem I guess.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything