Author Topic: Can't get to Oasis Landing  (Read 9538 times)

Offline Sayler04

• Nooboo
Can't get to Oasis Landing
« on: December 03, 2013, 08:12:33 PM »
Hi,

I purchased Into the Future a few days ago, and still cannot send a sim to oasis landing.  Every time I try, it goes to the loading screen, and the bar only fills up a tiny bit, doesn't even fill as far as where the load bar straightens out.  I have let it sit for over an hour and it never gets any farther.  I have tried clearing caches, and I've tried the factory reset, but no luck with either.  Everything else in the ep seems to work;  i can even get to OL through edit town, just cant get my sim to go there.

In case it is relevant,i include here some info on my active family.  They are a family of four living in a beach property in Isla Paradiso.  There is one adult witch, one adult human, a teenage witch, and a child plantsim.  I just added a plumbot that the teen built, but only because I cannot get to the future to sell him.  They own 2 resorts, 1 venue and 3 residential properties beside their primary residence.   The adult witch is the one I keep trying to send to the future.

This is frustrating.  I have only seen one other poster with a similar problem; the replied advice suggested the factory reset which, as I said, was ineffective.  Any help would be just amazing.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
Re: Cant get to oasis landing, plz help
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2013, 08:17:17 PM »
Have you tried starting a new family to see if it works? Maybe it's just something about this file.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2013, 08:19:21 PM »
Have you just tried that one family? Maybe just as a test, put a single sim in a house and when the portal shows up, try that one.  Not really sure what else to try.  I wish you luck. 

Welcome to the forum.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2013, 08:20:05 PM »
Looks like we replied at the same time, maybe that is good luck, lol. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2013, 08:36:01 PM »
I agree with everyone else, try a new file.  I would also add to make the new file not in IP.  I know IP gives people a lot of problems with lagging.

Offline Sayler04

• Nooboo
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2013, 12:47:50 AM »
Quick update:

Discovered today that its not just a OL thing; i cant send sims to any of the world adventure locations either. 

Switched to an existing family in the same IP neighborhood (who, incidentally, had no bodies, only heads).  He died almost instantly. Not really sure why; i would have performed an autopsy but there was no body to cut open. 

Switched to yet another family in IP; sent her through the portal.  This time the bar filled up about 2/3, but after 90 minutes I was pretty sure it wasnt going any further.

Now i started a totally new game.  I loaded another iteration of IP (i know an earlier posted said avoid it because its glitchy, but i really like the diving thing and IP is the only place you can do it).  I'm about to try to send new sim, in the new IP, to oasis landing.  If it doesn't work, i'm going to load a different town and try again.  If that doesnt work, ill regroup and try something else.

Question though.  If this works, and it turns out that my original family is the problem, is there any way to salvage them?  My life wont end if i can't, but they're like 4th generation, which is the longest ive ever stuck with it, so i would at least like to salvage one of them.

More to come.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2013, 01:38:17 AM »
You could save your family to the library and then put them into a new file. They would loose relationships and wishes, but will otherwise be as before.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Sayler04

• Nooboo
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2013, 01:58:44 AM »
Next update:  tried sending a different IP sim (in a new IP) to the future.  Emit Relevart never showed up, so i had to buy a portal.  Ran into the "inspect portal" glitch and had to restart.  Forgot about resetsim.

Next update:  loaded a new moonlight falls.  Same inspect portal glitch, used resetsim.  Successfully sent her to shang simla, though, which is a plus.  I think salt's suggestion is the next logical one, im gonna try it next.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2013, 02:15:24 AM »
Welcome to our Forum, Sayler04.

Are you using any mods?  And are you playing legally downloaded games? 
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

anything