Author Topic: World Editing  (Read 2274 times)

Offline beardeux

• Occult
World Editing
« on: November 23, 2013, 01:40:42 PM »
Hi.  I hope this is in the right section.  I'm wondering if there is a way to edit a world.  I have a pet in Twinbrook that is continually being trapped in a small puddle (marsh area) and when I find it, it is in much red distress sitting in a taxi boat.  I try to remember to reset the cat twice a day.  She was a stray and I've adopted her.  She's a favourite of mine and I'm hoping she won't die while I'm at someone else's house.

Is there a way I can get rid of the taxi size puddle?
Bear Deux
Take Care & Clear Skies
Nice things come in small packages.
Timing is everything.

Offline labluver1

• Nooboo
Re: World Editing
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2013, 04:57:07 AM »
So this puddle is on a lot I your town?

You can try going to Edit Town and then selecting the lot and clicking the Build/Buy button at the bottom of the window. In Build mode you use terrain tools to either make it bigger or smaller, pretty much make it so the the taxi can move or not fit at all.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2013, 05:08:08 AM »
Hi beardeaux.

I would suggest that you change your title to something like "Cat Stuck in Puddle" instead of "World Editing" because the cat is the real problem and editing the world may or may not be the answer.

If you've adopted the cat, you control it, right?  Are you unable to keep it away from the puddle?  And what happens when it's not raining?

Also, welcome labluver1.  :)
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline beardeux

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2013, 03:43:19 PM »
Hi, I should have made that part clearer.  The puddle is not on a lot.  It is part of the world, hence my title.  I need to edit the world to make this small patch of water smaller or remove it so a taxi won't occur.  This happens when I am on another lot (as I frequent a few and so do not control the cat at these times) not when I'm on the lot with the cat.  I am supposing the cat is returning home and comes across this pond.  I have two ponds on the lot with the cat and have no problems at all.  I don't think the weather plays a role.
Bear Deux
Take Care & Clear Skies
Timing is everything.

Offline Variosities

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2013, 01:36:18 AM »
Not sure if this will work, but you could try adding an empty lot where the pond is. If a lot can be placed there, you will be able to edit the new lot, including the pond.

Offline beardeux

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2013, 02:41:35 AM »
Hi Variosities,  I was able to place a small lot where the water was.  A brilliant idea.  I wouldn't have thought I could place a lot on the water.  I just flattened the lot which made it land and smoothed the edges.  I've not had a chance to play yet but I think that should solve the problem.  A boat won't fit there.  Thanks so much.  ;D
Bear Deux
Take Care & Clear Skies
Timing is everything.