Author Topic: I want to start playing again, but I always lose motivation  (Read 7590 times)

Offline UltimateSpinDash

• Nooboo
I want to start playing again, but I always lose motivation
« on: November 07, 2013, 10:22:21 AM »
After quite a while (and EA Support Trouble) I wanted to play Sims 3 again. However, I can't think of any interesting scenarios. I tried to get back into the game twice now and I always stopped, the first time in CAS, the second time while I was building a house. I just feel like I did all of that hundreds (ok, a dozen) times.

Has anyone else experienced this? Do you know some cool things to do? I mean, I even had a ghost family (<psychopath> killing Sims in different ways, especially fire and electrocution, is just so annoying </psychopath>).
Please take into account that I stopped buying the EPs after Pets. Therefore I only own World Adventures up to Pets. I also only have one of the stuff packs, High End Loft.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: I want to start playing again, but I always lose motivation
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2013, 10:31:12 AM »
After quite a while (and EA Support Trouble) I wanted to play Sims 3 again. However, I can't think of any interesting scenarios. I tried to get back into the game twice now and I always stopped, the first time in CAS, the second time while I was building a house. I just feel like I did all of that hundreds (ok, a dozen) times.

Has anyone else experienced this? Do you know some cool things to do? I mean, I even had a ghost family (<psychopath> killing Sims in different ways, especially fire and electrocution, is just so annoying </psychopath>).
Please take into account that I stopped buying the EPs after Pets. Therefore I only own World Adventures up to Pets. I also only have one of the stuff packs, High End Loft.

Welcome to the forum!  Have you considered trying one of the Challenges or Projects?  It really depends on what interests you most in the game.  Some people like building, and if that's your interest, you might check out the Building Contests.  Also, the CAS Contests are a fun way to use your CAS skills.  I think if you explore the forum a bit, you'll find lots of interesting and creative ideas about how to use the game.  :)

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline UltimateSpinDash

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2013, 11:42:32 AM »
I didn't find an interesting challenge, just checked (again). Some Ideas seem interesting, but nothing I want to try right now.

Offline jesirose

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2013, 12:20:57 PM »
Well, why do you want to play?

If none of the challenges seemed interesting, I have to wonder what you DO find interesting? You don't have to do a current one, you could do an old one just to challenge yourself.

I had a similar issue, when I used to play years ago - I found the cheats to get money and then it quickly got boring. What was the point? So you have to figure out why you want to play and what you want to do.

I like to make a family that is just like my husband, myself and our toddler, then achieve things in the game we want to IRL. It's motivating.
I am also doing 2 of the current challenges and a Dynasty.

If you think some of the dynasty rules are too hard, do an unofficial one.

Read the stories people have done and see what you liked about them. Write a story or just play.

But the game is most interesting and fun when you A. don't cheat and B. have a goal. Maybe the goal is simple, maybe it's hard. Maybe you want to see if you can achieve a LTW and keep your family poor, maybe you want to make a ton of Simoleans without cheats, maybe you want to build a fancy house, maybe you want to punish your sims.

Pick traits you've never played and try them. I always used to pick the "positive" (as I saw them) traits and then one day I made an evil, insane, daredevil Sim. I found SO many new things about the game. When I started making up stories about my Sims I grew to love them.

If nothing sounds fun, then maybe it's time for a different game or hobby. MAYBE pick something the Sims can do and try to do it in your real life ;) Ever painted a portrait before?
- Jessica

Offline UltimateSpinDash

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2013, 02:30:07 PM »
Thanks for your replies.

The thing is, I feel like I did everything. Like I said, I already quit in CAS or Build Mode because I already did all that so many times.

The only thing I can think of is to watch some let's plays on youtube (I know someone who is doing three at the same time right now, focusing on different Add-ons) and hopefully get some inspiration.

Offline UltimateSpinDash

• Nooboo
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2013, 04:37:27 PM »
I'm sorry, I cannot remember blaming you for my lack of motivation. You try to help me, and I appreciate that. It's just like this: I think of something that might be cool. I launch sims 3 and enter CAS. At some point here, or later when I'm building my house, I lose all motivation to do that, and quit.

I think we can close this thread.

Offline Blue_Emerald

• Nooboo
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2013, 04:52:50 PM »
Create a guy and build good relationships with all the girls in town. Then invite them over one by one every night and make them all pregnant! And you can ask them to be just friends after wearing clothes again (so you dont get a naughty rep, you will get "exploring their options" rep instead). Those girls can even be married. Watch all the kids grow, make girls warm again, let more born, and eventually you will see your produced in almost every other house.

Just remember, it's just a game. And they have allowed you to play with life, so you SHOULD try everything possible in game. It's really fun to try these cool things xD

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trailblazer

• Nooboo
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2013, 03:26:43 AM »
Hi UltimateSpinDash, I had the same problem like you until I discovered the Challenges, you should really give on a try. Personally I like to put my Sims through hell at the beginning  ;D , where they start with nothing then a tent and no cash whatsoever , and have to survive the best they can. Maybe you can challenge yourself, with not allowing them to gain cash fast from flowerpicking ect, or they can only furnish their house with stuff they get out of the dumbster.. I hope you can find something that interests you  :)

Offline Stormi71

• Occult
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2013, 04:16:31 AM »
Definitely look through the challenge lists for ideas. I was getting a bit bored as I tend to do the same things all the time (I only have the base game and LN and a couple of stuff packs). I decided to make a hobo sim, who originally lived on a 10 x 10 block of land with nothing. I made myself goals ie once he'd made a certain amount of money, he could buy himself a bed. He was allowed to make money from collecting and produce, he could go dumpster, but if he could things like chairs, tables etc, he had to place them on his lot. Once he reached 20,000 dollars, he was allowed to get a job, but only in the criminal career. So take a challenge, and change it to suit you, make your own challenge out of it.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2013, 11:11:16 AM »
This isn't a gameplay problem so I'm moving it to the General Discussion board.  :)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Sherry

• A stressful student mostly. A 0,01% nice
  • Immortal
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2013, 12:05:21 AM »
Well, to be honest I was like that too. I did quit playing the game for several times already until I've found the legacy and dynasty challenge.

I did get bored already as I finished create a sim in the CAS.
My problem is I'm too focused on making the sim. Detailing every single part of the sim appearance.
Lately I found playing a townie (which already created by EA) is much easier and not making bored over nothing.
Or the other way is just randomize the sim you create and just tweak a little bit that seems really troublesome for you.

The same goes for house building. I just make the rough shape of the house. To be honest it looked just like a box at first. I just add the wall and the wallpaper later when I got the inspiration when I saw my sim. So the house is looking like house slowly/step by step (not stressing myself into making a perfect house in one hit).
Or you could try using a finished build house that are available for download.
You want to see a miracle? be the miracle - Bruce Almighty 'God'
Everybody Lies - Gregory House

My current Goth project Goth Affairs
A Blood Red Dynasty My first try in dynasty

anything