Author Topic: Sims can not use a computer  (Read 1868 times)

Offline Polar40

• Nooboo
Sims can not use a computer
« on: November 10, 2013, 09:39:09 AM »
Hi all,

I am new here, so IF I post this topic on the wrong board, I am realy sorry.
There are so many topics and board that I lost the way to my question board.

Thing is a week or so ago I cleaned up the DCBackup, then there were things missing. No biggie. Reïnstall and presto.
But by accident I deleted stuff in DCCache as well, bad really bad. Game didn't start, you know the problem.
Thank goodness I could get the files back....and it worked again.

So I thought....

When I put a PC or a laptop in the room there is no way to interact with it, so my Sims simply don't see it. It's there. But no interactions.
So, my journalist cannot write any thing. First I thought it must be the tablet they have. Removed it from their inventory, nothing.

My household is four people and two cats.

I have some mods installed, but these are basic. And I have a lot of clothing and other stuff. Downloaded from safe sites.

Has any one a clue what can be the problem? Because it slowly begins to make me crazy.  ;)

Thank you very much for your kind help

Polar

Offline Blackrosea

• Immortal
Re: Sims can not use a computer
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2013, 06:54:42 PM »
Hi all,

I am new here, so IF I post this topic on the wrong board, I am realy sorry.
There are so many topics and board that I lost the way to my question board.

Thing is a week or so ago I cleaned up the DCBackup, then there were things missing. No biggie. Reïnstall and presto.
But by accident I deleted stuff in DCCache as well, bad really bad. Game didn't start, you know the problem.
Thank goodness I could get the files back....and it worked again.

So I thought....

When I put a PC or a laptop in the room there is no way to interact with it, so my Sims simply don't see it. It's there. But no interactions.
So, my journalist cannot write any thing. First I thought it must be the tablet they have. Removed it from their inventory, nothing.

My household is four people and two cats.

I have some mods installed, but these are basic. And I have a lot of clothing and other stuff. Downloaded from safe sites.

Has any one a clue what can be the problem? Because it slowly begins to make me crazy.  ;)

Thank you very much for your kind help

Polar

Welcome to the forum Polar40.

Might want to try going to edit town, evict them from the house and then move them back. If that doesn't work, have you tried creating a new game and seeing if it works there?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Polar40

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2013, 02:54:15 AM »
Hello Blackrosea,

Thanks for the welcome. ;)
Aha, so get them out and then back. Will that reset them or something ?
I will try it out and will let you know if it helped.

Thank you very much for the replay.

Greetings
Polar

Offline Blackrosea

• Immortal
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2013, 09:10:05 AM »
Hello Blackrosea,

Thanks for the welcome. ;)
Aha, so get them out and then back. Will that reset them or something ?
I will try it out and will let you know if it helped.

Thank you very much for the replay.

Greetings
Polar

Yes, that will reset your family a lot of the time.

Offline Polar40

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2013, 08:46:34 AM »
Hi,

Well, after my sims went in bath, and jumped out and in...I figured that something more was wrong.
So I did as you said Blackrosea, got them out of the house and back in. Then they started to go to the toilet and finish and sit again. Hmmm. Strange. I then made a new household in a new game. The PC was still not being used and they had the same behavior. Under the shower, finish, back under it.

I have renamed the Sims 3 folder to something else and then it made a new folder. Copied some mods over which I know are safe and started from scratch. New family different house. Everything went okay, untill I send one to the shower. Bing, some problem.  :-\

So, I didn't save to family, ashame because they were done very nice. And I guess I will uninstall everything, and install fresh. Big sigh.!!!

Thanks for the help though