Author Topic: Kids not really welcomed in the future?  (Read 23190 times)

Offline Porcelyn

• Nooboo
Re: Kids not really welcomed in the future?
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2013, 10:36:06 PM »
I thought that children had to have an A in school to pick a trait when they age up?

Can anyone confirm this?

I was totally bummed that OL is just a vacation world :( I really wanted to live there not travel back and forth.

Offline jesirose

• Occult
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2013, 10:40:20 PM »
Has anyone realized schools in TS3 is glorified daycare center (not even good ones), because they give NO benefits whatsoever (no skill gain, no career boost, nothing). Your sim can still pick the trait as long as the mood is high when they age.

So really, I am glad there is no school in OL.  8)

The schools provide opportunities, and field trips, which earn the kids items they can sell, and simoleans. Plus, they can make friends.
- Jessica

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2013, 11:43:39 PM »
Children/Teens have to have an A in school in order to select your own trait - B and C indicates an apathetic attitude. Mood doesn't matter, just grade.

Offline Cas

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2013, 08:50:57 AM »
I thought that children had to have an A in school to pick a trait when they age up?
Indeed they do, hence you will have to travel back for a day or two to tutor them up to an A grade.  You may need to age them up in the past too for it to recognise their grade, as their schooling grade doesn't show in the future - something to test.  Of course it's possible that aging up a child in the future (something I've not done yet) ignores schooling and lets you pick their trait - should be simple to test.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2013, 08:53:46 AM »
With regard to adding the school, I didn't use one from the bin, but went into build/buy mode and selected one from the community buildings. That worked.

When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

anything