Author Topic: House of teenagers?  (Read 22269 times)

Offline Darstan64

• Townie
House of teenagers?
« on: July 12, 2013, 09:08:07 AM »
Hi all,

I moved all my teenagers out to a house by themselves, there is another adult in the house who is also a  family member (aunt) thats living with them but I was wondering if teenagers can live in a house by themselves without an adult living with them?  Also they were all enrolled in boarding school, does that mean when I moved them out that they are automatically unenrolled or do they still stay in boarding school while living in the other house?   I was trying to play around with moving sims out so I can keep the 8 in a household but every time I tried to move a sim out all the kids automatically came home from boarding school for some reason.

Thanks for your help :)

Dellena

Re: House of teenagers?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2013, 11:29:40 AM »
As far as I'm aware, without a mod, you cannot have children or teenagers living in a house without an adult.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2013, 11:40:20 AM »
As far as I know, teenagers can live alone and be in-charge of a house, but cannot be created separately. If children or younger lose the adults living in the house, they will be taken away for adoption. Teens cannot be adopted. For them to live alone, the adults would have to die, they cannot just move out.

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.

Offline WickedSimmer87

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2013, 12:02:06 PM »
Ive had a single mother, who adopted very late in her life, and she died, leaving a teenager with 2-3 younger siblings. He had a part time job and could just barely keep the bills paid (although i had to sell off some furnitures to add the household account) It worked alright until the teen aged up, and everything was  "normal" :)

Dellena

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2013, 12:16:57 PM »
Didn't know this could happen.  Poor kids.

Offline Wai

• Immortal
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2013, 09:06:49 PM »
It can be done, but, you will need to use cheats.

If starting a new game, place adult versions of you teenagers in their home.  Start playing. Testingcheatsenabled true.  Click on sim and edit in CAS.  Change the age to teenage and adjust clothing if you wish.  Do this for each of the sims in your household.

Your teenage sims will need to attend school and will not be able to take fulltime employment.  If you have WA they can travel but will not get the option to buy a holiday home if they make it to level 3 in any town.  Otherwise, they play very well and can buy property in their home town  Sorry, I have not tried buying a resort with a teenager.

If your sims are in an existing family, you will have to age one of them up to adult before moving the parents out.  Then use the cheats to return that sim to teen.

I haven't yet tried to have a family with teens and a child, so, sorry don't know if in this circumstance the child would be taken by the social worker. (Must try that sometime.  :))
“In this world, there is nothing softer or thinner than water. But to compel the hard and unyielding, it has no equal. That the weak overcomes the strong, that the hard gives way to the gentle -- this everyone knows. Yet no one asks accordingly.”
 Lao-Tse

Offline sunnydays

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2013, 10:30:05 PM »
As others have said, it can be done (without mods) two ways - by creating a household with at least one adult in it and killing the adult, or by creating your sims as adults and then aging them down to teens using cheats. You can have a household with teens plus younger children - heck, you could have seven babies and one teenager in a household if you really wanted. And yes, teens can buy and run resorts.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Wai

• Immortal
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2013, 02:27:56 AM »
I've thought of another way to have a teenage household, without cheating and without arranging accidents for the adult(s).

Create your family with adult (not young adult) parents.  Go to options and the tab with the lifespan sliders.  Move the sliders for adult and old sims to minimum.  Go back to the game and play for the rest of the parents' rather truncated lives.  Return the sliders to their original positions.
“In this world, there is nothing softer or thinner than water. But to compel the hard and unyielding, it has no equal. That the weak overcomes the strong, that the hard gives way to the gentle -- this everyone knows. Yet no one asks accordingly.”
 Lao-Tse

anything