Author Topic: Would like Seasons Expansion but already have Island Paradise Expnsion  (Read 3029 times)

Offline shayestaur

• Nooboo
Can someone help me? I currently have only tje Island Paradise expansion pack but I'm interested in getting the Seasons expansion pack. I know you have to install them in order, so I was wondering how I would go about this? I don't want to lose any of my current game play that I have right now just so I can get an older expansion pack. Is there a way I don't have to lose my progress but still get Seasons installed?

Offline KRae

• Watcher
Re: Would like Seasons Expansion but already have Island Paradise Expnsion
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2016, 12:33:30 PM »
I've never had a problem installing them in whatever order I get them. I got World Adventures after I got Supernatural, for instance, and had no trouble with the install. I'm not sure that it's true any longer that you need to install in order.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Junan

• Townie
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2016, 01:05:49 PM »
I installed them in this order: University Life, Ambitions, Generations, Late Night, Showtime, Into the Future, Supernatural, Pets, World Adventures, Island Paradise, Seasons

No problems at all installing them; I doubt the order matters anymore.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2016, 01:34:27 PM »
Junan and KRae are correct. Install order doesn't matter anymore.

You won't loose any of your saved games either. As the installed game files get installed in a different place than where your saved games or user files are located.

Here's a little more of what I'm talking about:

User files should be located here:
--
\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3
\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4

==
Game install files should be located here: (by default)
--
C:\Programs(x86)\Electronic Arts for the DVD Version
C:\Programs(x86)\Origin Games for the Download Version through Origin

If your user files aren't in your \Documents\Electronic Arts\ (Sims 3 or 4) folder, move them from where you found them into one of those folders. As that is where the game saves the user files by default.

If you are still having problems finding your Origin games it may be best to contact EA for further assistance.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline shayestaur

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2016, 01:47:06 PM »
Thanks for the help! Did any of you use seasons on the Mac? I saw people some people had trouble with it.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2016, 01:56:33 PM »
I am a pc user. But yes I do know there are issues with Macs and Island Paradise and Seasons. Unfortunately.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline shayestaur

• Nooboo
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2016, 02:06:05 PM »
Luckily I haven't had any problems with Paradise Island, but after reading reviews I'm hesitant with getting seasons now.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
  • The Labelles shall overtake!
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2016, 03:38:54 PM »
Personally I have never had Island Paradise and Seasons installed at the same time. For a week or so Seasons would crash, but after that my computer never crashed due to Seasons. I have a mac and have had barely any issues due to seasons. Though I don't know your computer as well as you do.  :)

anything