Author Topic: What is this strange graphic?  (Read 12591 times)

Offline Hope512

• Llama Wrangler
What is this strange graphic?
« on: October 26, 2012, 11:34:41 PM »
This has recently appeared on the floor of my sims' house (the strange oval)

It's generally a glitchy game. I can't delete it in build/buy, I just get a pop up saying I can't delete an item in use. My sims won't walk on it and now a couple of them have appeared in the Wolff's house (I'm playing Moonlight Falls) In this game a sim has also disappeared but that's for another thread.

I tried including the full dxdiag, but it said the post exceeded the  maximum allowed length. Tell me which bits of the dxdiag you need (if you need it) and I'll post those.

I've got all EPs. The most recent is Supernatural which I've been playing since it came out. I've had the occasional problem with graphics (things going white, stretchy roofs, but that was mostly in Lucky Palms and seems to be gone since I got a laptop mat with a fan.

I have Windows 7 64bit, 8gigs RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 540M graphics card, Intel core i7-2670QM 2.20GHz (with 3.2 turbo boost)

thank you in advance for any help.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
Re: What is this strange graphic?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2012, 11:56:15 PM »
I've seen that on my lot and around town too. When I select it it's called "Social Jig". I never saw it before Supernatural. I'm pretty sure you can delete it with MoveObjects on but I haven't tried.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Hope512

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2012, 09:09:36 PM »
Thanks for your reply. I'll try it.

Offline Hope512

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2012, 05:00:01 PM »
I've tried it and it worked. Thanks ombradellarosa.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2012, 07:00:21 PM »
You're welcome! Has it caused any noticeable problems? I've been afraid to delete it in case it effected my game negatively.

By samoht04

Offline Hope512

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2012, 03:17:14 PM »
It seems to be fine. I wish I could delete the others in the Wolff household.

I've had other problems but it seems to be to do with the new patch (I think). My telescopes have stopped working so I don't know what to do about that. *sigh*   When my Lady Ravendancer spell book stopped working ( a sim would start using it and then jump away from it) I deleted all my premium content, reinstalled it and then it was fine. But the telescope is not premium content so I'm not sure. And I keep having married sims phoning up my married sims asking if they want to go out on a date!

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2012, 07:54:46 PM »
Yeah, the new attraction system is...interesting to say the least. It somehow seems to make the game simultaneously more and less realistic!

By samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Foxx

• Nooboo
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2013, 07:59:49 PM »
@Hope512 - Don't worry, Sims asking married Sims out happens to me too. It's not a glitch but just some love-struck Sims! And as for the oval thing, I had that too. I wasn't sure weather to delete it or not because it could negatively effect my game. But I did in the end, and everything seemed fine. My guess is that it is a glitch and the ovals seemed to appear where my Sims would interact with each other most. I live in Appaloosa Plains and the ovals appeared behind the couch, in the middle of the kitchen, in front of the doorway, out the front yard and there were two in the garden. They aren't supposed to appear, but I think they are there because when the creators were making the game they put those there to better define where Sims could interact. I don't know for sure but that is my guess.
For anyone who doesn't know how to delete them, all you do is go into build/buy mode and press Control+Shift+C. A box should appear at the top of the screen and in it type "moveobjects on" (to turn this function off just type in 'moveobjects off') without the " marks though. This cheat enables you to put items anywhere, regardless if they are interfering with others. Therefore you can pickup the oval thing and as far as I remember it was called 'socialjig' or something strange like that. Once you've picked it up, delete it by pressing backspace or whatever you normally do. And then its gone! You'll need to do this for all of them though, so search your lot thoroughly! There is another way to do this and you can delete it in live mode. All you need to do is get that cheat box back and type in 'testingcheatsenabled true' (without '!) then, shift+click on the socialjig, and click 'object' and then 'delete it' (or something along those lines). (To turn testingcheatsenabled true off, just type in "testingcheatsenabled false")
As for deleting the sociajigs in the Wolf household, you can! Just get your Sim on their lot and get the good old cheat box up. Type in 'testingcheatsenabled true' and then shift click on the ground. You can then select 'build on this lot' or 'buy on this lot'. Either one is fine.   Then you can use the 'moveobjects on' cheat I spoke about before, and the socialjigs will be gone.
I really hoped this helped, I know how fusterating The Sims can be! And sorry for my rambling on... I do that.
Happy Simulating. :)
Foxx
Where words fail, music speaks.
~Hans Christian Andersen

Offline Wai

• Immortal
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2013, 09:31:05 PM »
This bug is not restricted to premium content.  Some beds seem to do it occasionally, and the sprinkler, frequently.  I have had it with other items too.  Try deleting the object and replacing it, just as you did with your premium content.
“In this world, there is nothing softer or thinner than water. But to compel the hard and unyielding, it has no equal. That the weak overcomes the strong, that the hard gives way to the gentle -- this everyone knows. Yet no one asks accordingly.”
 Lao-Tse