Author Topic: Panels for Scandinavian houses  (Read 5191 times)

Offline Bloudwedd

• Llama Wrangler
Panels for Scandinavian houses
« on: September 21, 2010, 07:22:47 AM »
Anyone know where I can find outside panels for Swedish houses? These houses are mainly made of wood and have their panels vertical instead of horizontal as in many versions you can find in Sims 3. Or if there is no resource for this - how can I make them myself.

The reason for me asking is that I do live in Sweden myself, lov Sims3 and once in a while I challenge myself with building houses after Swedish house plans. Quite successful except the panels....

Here are a link for some real houseplans so you can see what I am talking about!

http://www.vastkuststugan.se/menu/sv/villor.html

Thank you in advance!

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Panels for Scandinavian houses
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2010, 07:31:54 AM »
What about the reddish flat wall in the paneling section of wall coverings (it's in the second or third last row). Can you recolor that with the create a design tool?

Norma
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Bloudwedd

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2010, 08:27:52 AM »
Thank you for pointing that out! I have seen that wall, but trashed it since I was not aware of the Create Your Design tool.
 Will try that out. Thank you!

Still (and I know I am picky here) I would love to have a covering where you have those extra thinner panels over the walls. It is so hard to explain, hopefully someone understand^^

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2010, 05:04:16 AM »
Hi Bloudwedd and welcome to our Forum!

I think I understand what you're looking for with the vertical panels.  However, I think the only thing that will work at all is the Wall with Vertical Panel under the paneling tab in Build Mode.  There are a few to choose from and one looks to have a bit of narrow panels with the wider ones.  After putting a sample of it on my house, I clicked the artist pallet button to change its appearance.  I chose a vertical wood design that's right at the top of the wood choices.  Then I changed the color.  Here is a picture of what it looks like:

I hope this helps you.  :)
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline tara1727

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2010, 02:49:35 AM »
There are red and white barn walls somewhere in the build mode, lots of choices with them. I used them for my Finnish house. You can recolor them as you like.