Author Topic: Hidden Traits Revealed  (Read 133822 times)

Offline Odie

• Occult
  • Dutch mommy living in Norway
Re: Hidden Traits Revealed
« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2012, 07:36:50 AM »
Hi and welcome to the forum.
I now wonder which hidden traits Sims Wiki was revering too.
And if they can not be added to a sim, why are they in the game? Npc only? Perhaps through breeding, perhaps not. First I like to know what those hidden traits do. :)
Thanks.
I was actually wondering the same thing when I went over my message again... Why would there be hidden traits labeled that do not have any effect? What's the point?
Honestly, I don't know. This was literally what I found. I would love to know more, just like you :P
Problem? Don't panic! There is always a solution. You just have to find it  :D

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2012, 10:56:02 PM »
Do mean we could go to Riverview or Lunar Lakes on vacation? That would be cool.

Exactly. I have all towns except for LL and HS, as well as a custom town (and UC as well!). This means I could travel to any of them on vacation. I haven't tested it yet, as I downloaded it yesterday and haven't had time to play Sims since then.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Leto85

« Reply #47 on: March 26, 2012, 03:43:09 PM »
Exactly. I have all towns except for LL and HS, as well as a custom town (and UC as well!). This means I could travel to any of them on vacation. I haven't tested it yet, as I downloaded it yesterday and haven't had time to play Sims since then.

Although that is interesting information you got there, it also is slightly offtopic. Perhaps you would like to start a new topic about this subject, in the mod section.

Offline PolarBair

• Occult
    • This is a link to my studio on the exchange where my builds can be downloaded.
« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2012, 05:50:53 PM »
I've got a question about the "Can Apprehend Burglar" trait. How's that supposed to work? I have a sim that has it but all she can do is "Fight" the burglar and the burglar always gets away. No option to "Apprehend" shows up anywhere.
My Builds
The EPs I have are:
Ambitions
World Adventurer
Late Night
Showtime
Seasons

Leto85

« Reply #49 on: December 23, 2012, 11:59:23 AM »
I've got a question about the "Can Apprehend Burglar" trait. How's that supposed to work? I have a sim that has it but all she can do is "Fight" the burglar and the burglar always gets away. No option to "Apprehend" shows up anywhere.

The big difference to sims without the trait is that your sim at least start a fight with the burglar where others will run away.
If your sim looses the fight that must have to do with either a low athletic skill from your sim or a huge athletic skill from the burglar sim. Other than that: maybe he was just lucky. :)

Offline Sherry

• A stressful student mostly. A 0,01% nice
  • Immortal
« Reply #50 on: February 25, 2013, 03:57:42 AM »
I have a question. Could someone from Medicine job who procreate with someone from Athletic job have a child with can apprehend burglar trait?

Coz I currently have one. Morgana Wolff and Leighton Sekemoto daughter has a can apprehend burglar trait.
You want to see a miracle? be the miracle - Bruce Almighty 'God'
Everybody Lies - Gregory House

My current Goth project Goth Affairs
A Blood Red Dynasty My first try in dynasty

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #51 on: February 28, 2013, 07:28:22 PM »
I have a sim who is a townie (George Dean) from Riverview, he is a cop.  He has the desire to burn things.  He sets them on fire and then they go out.  First time I played with him he had the surrounded by family LTW.  Out of five kids, only two had that desire.  I am guessing it is a hidden trait.  Interesting thing is, he lives in an abandoned fire station. 

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline berninicaco3

• Llama Wrangler
sim with all inherited traits?
« Reply #52 on: May 18, 2013, 01:14:12 AM »
Hey-- has anyone made a sim with all the possible inherited hidden traits?
Barring, of course, those that conflict-- like being a witch, and a vampire.  Actually I've done that... but vampire seemed to have overridden most witch abilities, until cured.

But-- being able to sneak, apprehend, appreciate pizza, rock, set fires, etc., all on the same sim?
If so, can I download him/her?

Question 2: will all hidden traits, always be inherited, down indefinite generations?  So if grandma was a firefighter, grandson will be a pyro?

Questions 3: if a single sim goes through all the respective careers, will his son be able to salute, and sneak, and commit arson, and apprehend burglars, etc.-- or will the son only inherit the hidden trait associated with the father's most recent career?

thanks!

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #53 on: May 18, 2013, 12:36:26 PM »
Is there a new way to find the hidden traits?  I don't have Pets installed and tried the way that was listed and nothing came up.  I took a child back to toddler and all I got was a pop-up that said he had too many traits and so lucky was being removed. 
When I aged another one, the list of traits was shown, but noting about having hidden traits.

I do know that one of my favorite sims (he is a townie, George Dean, RV), who is in law enforcement, has the pyro hidden trait.   When a burgler showed up I had to tell him to fight and he never apprehened the thief.  He has the brave trait so I don't know why with being a police officer he didn't just apprehend the burglar.
His daughter inherited the pyro trait, as did her offspring.  I lost the family when I reinstalled the game so I can't tell if it would have shown up in others.   In three different games with him he had had the hidden trait of pyro before I had to reinstall.  I need to check him out and see if having SN and SEA will affect his hidden trait.

As for having so many hidden traits, I don't see how it would be possible.  Someone here more knowledgable could answer, but it would be hard to get the necessary combinations of sims and NPC together.

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #54 on: May 18, 2013, 04:22:58 PM »
I know Leto made an effort of studying these hidden traits, and of trying to blend them all into one Sim, but I'm afraid I don't know what came of it.

Offline galaxy.

• Nooboo
  • \\ sims l♥ver. //
« Reply #55 on: June 27, 2013, 01:56:55 AM »
Woah.

So many traits!

Leto85

« Reply #56 on: July 01, 2013, 03:14:11 PM »
I know Leto made an effort of studying these hidden traits, and of trying to blend them all into one Sim, but I'm afraid I don't know what came of it.

A really wicked sim.

Offline SingleMomSim

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #57 on: July 03, 2013, 12:28:41 PM »
Thanks Leto for the info!  Definitely a trick I'm now using. :)

Leto85

« Reply #58 on: July 03, 2013, 12:37:14 PM »
Thanks Leto for the info!  Definitely a trick I'm now using. :)

You're more than welcome. :)

anything