Author Topic: How to join a pattern with the clothing before upload! Help please.  (Read 1756 times)

Offline GoslettM

• Townie
  • Call me Marisha
Can anybody help me join a pattern with a clothing piece or furniture?  Say I download a pattern from the Swap Shop or at the Exchange Sims 3 Site, and want to make for instants a clothing piece.

How do I upload both as a sims3pack together, so that the users on the other end don’t have to download it separately? 

Thank in advance

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: How to join a pattern with the clothing before upload! Help please.
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2013, 12:24:38 PM »
I don't think there is a way to do this.  I know that sometimes when you download a piece of clothing from the exchange that the pattern will download with it but I don't know how to make it do that.  Have you seen if uploading the pieces to the exchange do it for you to know if it's the exchange that makes it possible?
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline GoslettM

• Townie
  • Call me Marisha
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2013, 01:19:33 PM »
Thanks Ricalynn for your fast reply, will try to upload to the exchange first and see if it’s the exchange that makes it possible.

Why I’m asking this is that I’m busy making clothing pieces and this is what I have done.

1.   I downloaded the patterns first from the exchange that I wanted.
2.   Made my clothing pieces.
3.   Upload them as sims3pack files only to the exports file not to the exchange.
4.   I then uninstall the patterns I have downloaded from the exchange.
5.   Re-installed the clothing pieces and the patterns were not showing.

So I want to know how users do this if they use other or their own patterns and make clothing, furniture or other objects and then upload them as sims3pack files, do they just mention that the pattern/patterns must be downloaded as well.

I suppose if I upload objects with the patterns include every time there would be duplications and that is not good for the game.

I hope all this makes sense.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2013, 01:48:53 PM »
It makes perfect sense.  I've downloaded clothes from the exchange and gotten patterns with them.  So I know it's possible I just don't know if it's extra steps as I've never really seen any in a normal exchange upload.  I do know that clothes with a pattern always seem to be a bigger file size.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline GoslettM

• Townie
  • Call me Marisha
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2013, 02:08:40 PM »
Thanks Ricalynn, for all your information.  I only upload stuff with EA patterns only, so this is something new for me.