Author Topic: School bus not coming for teens  (Read 8512 times)

Offline KRae

• Watcher
School bus not coming for teens
« on: June 22, 2013, 02:36:12 PM »
When I patched up to 1.55, my twin girls were toddlers. When they became children, no problems, the school bus came, everything was good. They aged up to teen over the weekend. Every day I get the usual notification that the school bus will arrive at 8, but it never shows. I click and send them to school, but I'm sometimes distracted, and they get out a little late. I had just cleared caches last night and shut down my computer and restarted this morning when this happened. Any ideas? Anyone else have this problem? This is the 6th generation of this family and this has never happened before. Everything else is running smoothly, so I guess I should consider myself fortunate.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: School bus not coming for teens
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2013, 02:57:48 PM »
What town are you in?  Is it possible the bus is stopping in a new location for an unknown reason?  Have you downloaded anything new? 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2013, 03:04:17 PM »
No, nothing new added. I'm playing in Sunset Valley 2, but like I said, it's been okay for 5 generations and it was okay for children. I'll keep an eye out for the bus stopping in a different location and also switch over to their teen cousins to see if it's happening there too.

Offline Mahmeya

• Townie
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2013, 03:42:53 PM »
I have similiar problem, but happened before 1.55, with the teens being 4th generation, at that point living in Union Cove. Don't remember when exactly this started, but I have some feeling that it was after they both obtained driving license, but not instantly the next day after.
If the bus was on different location, the teens would still go to that place automatically, which they don't and I have to send them to school manually.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2013, 03:46:07 PM »
Do you think the school needs to be replaced possibly?

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Mahmeya

• Townie
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2013, 04:09:38 PM »
I haven't played in SV for quite long time, but in case UC uses same school building, it may be related to the specific building, as an adult sim is taken by carpool normally to her place.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2013, 04:27:27 PM »
Try a resetSim * possibly too incase it's the game forgetting to spawn a bus driver.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2013, 05:08:44 PM »
Okay, I got them through the weekend and fed and watered on Monday and made a special save. I backed off and looked for the bus...no bus. I reloaded and played their cousins who have two teens and no children in the family. The bus came just fine. It's something with my girls or house. Mom's carpool showed up in the normal spot. I don't have generations so no drivers licenses, however both girls have cars. I don't think I've ever had all teens in the family with cars. Maybe this is the problem. I'll put them in Dad's inventory and see what happens. I also reset both girls to no avail. I'll try taking away the cars, then reset the town, and if none of that works move them out and back in again.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2013, 06:11:20 PM »
Taking away the cars didn't work, resetSim * didn't work, but when I moved them to a new house the bus showed up. I moved them back to the old house and all is well. Time to rehang the art! Thanks everyone for the support and ideas!

Offline chetanhaobijam

• Chet for short
  • Immortal
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2013, 11:35:48 AM »
Sometimes, the bus is parked not on home lot but on your neighbour lot. In my sims game, the bus was parked around 2 lots ahead of my home lot. First I don't noticed, so i had to sent him to school by car/taxi/cycle. Check that the bus is around the neighbour lot or the entire road area.
Chetan's Designs(my Sims3 Creations)

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2013, 06:37:37 PM »
This was solved by moving out and back in again. My simms live way off by themselves down a dead end above strand beach so that wasn't the problem. I zoomed way out to look around. Any way, problem solved.

anything