Author Topic: Do Mummies Respawn?  (Read 7343 times)

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
Do Mummies Respawn?
« on: April 14, 2011, 04:57:51 PM »
I sent my dynasty over to Egypt and gen 3 spouse got the Torched, Soaked, Cursed opportunity.  I'm trying to get him to visa level 3 so he can buy a better vacation home (gen 2 spouse, now deceased, bought the first one and no one else has a level 3 visa).  The problem is, I think I've run out of mummies.

These are the ones I've found and their demises:

- top of the great pyramid - gen 2 spouse lured him into a fire trap
- sphinx - 1 ate a mummy snack and disappeared, the other 2 were defeated by gen 3 heir and turned to dust
- pyramid of the burning sands - gen 2 heir discovered the mummy a long time ago and ran away, when I took gen 3 spouse into the same room there was no mummy there anymore
-basement of a local's house - defeated by gen 3 spouse and turned to dust

Do you know of any other locations where mummies are likely to spawn?  Will defeated mummies ever re-spawn?  To make things worse, the sim in question is level 10 in athletics and level 3 MA, so it won't be easy for him to lose a fight and, from what I've read, it can take a lot of fights before he gets cursed.  Are there any other options in the context of a dynasty or should I just drop the opportunity?

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
Re: Do Mummies Respawn?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2011, 09:58:16 PM »
That is a tough one to get, and I always figured that the reward would be paltry for the effort required to complete it lol.  I've never successfully done it, and I've tried numerous times.

As far as I'm aware, mummies do not respawn once they leave.  It doesn't seem to matter if they are defeated or they beat your sim up.  What I would normally suggest is to return home and use the tomb building tools to create a sarcophagus that spawns a mummy each time you enter the room, but since this is a Dynasty that option is out of the question for you.

If you absolutely had your heart set on completing that opportunity, you could try to go to another country and find a mummy there.  I wouldn't suggest using your "Mike Tyson" sim as the victim, however, since they're more likely to victimize the mummy instead. 

This option has only two potential questions that I cannot answer: 

• Will a photo taken in another country work for this opportunity?  If it doesn't, there's no real point in intentionally cursing a sim...unless you think they really deserve it (i.e. Jared Frio).
  • Will you be able to get back to Egypt in time to lift the curse?  One of the rules of the Dynasty is that you can't do anything to a sim that would encourage Grim to come looking for them sooner than he would of his own accord.  I'm not sure how this would be interpreted by way of the rules, but it's quite possible that this would be a no-no.

If you were to ask my opinion on all of this, I would say that it would probably just be easier to drop this adventure and look for something else to get that level 3 visa.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2011, 04:02:57 AM »
In Abu Simbel you'll find red and blue priests/2 mummies. I haven't played Egypt in a while, but in total I think there were 10 mummies there plus 2 in China in Dragon Cave.

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2011, 12:18:11 PM »
I wasn't keen on taking the opportunity but it was either that or the pomegranate one - no others would come up - and I couldn't find 'good' pomegranates anywhere.  I'm not worried about getting the mummy's curse because I have a moodlet manager, 2 Blessed Sarcophagi of Kings, and a clear path to the Soulpeace Statue in the Sphinx, so it would have been no problem to decurse my sim once the opportunity is complete.

I finally found Abu Simbel, but made the mistake of taking both eyes of Horus too soon, so there are whole parts of the tomb that I missed, I had to use escape dust to get out.  Hopefully some other opportunities will be available - he's halfway to level 3.  If not then the vacation home upgrade will have to wait.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2011, 02:17:31 AM »
If you've already gone through the opportunities in Egypt, you'll only get the smaller ones.  But you can still reach level 3 visa with those.  Just keep doing them over and over.  Also, the Opportunistic LTR helps to advance through the visa levels faster.  Another way to get new opportunities is to learn a new skill.  For example, if your Sim has photography skill, you will get opportunities to take pictures.  I believe cooking skill will also trigger opportunities.  Of course, you'd have to juggle all that with your Immortal Dynasty restrictions.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Katluvr

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2011, 02:34:37 AM »
Good news!  Got to level 3 visa with a bunch of smaller opportunities, so the palatial vacation home now belongs to the Starrs.   ;D

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2011, 02:11:44 PM »
Congratulations!  And you did it without doing anything mean to your sims, too!  :P
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.