Author Topic: Ice Sim Sculpting Glitch  (Read 4641 times)

Offline Blue Rose

• Llama Wrangler
Ice Sim Sculpting Glitch
« on: June 16, 2013, 02:48:24 AM »
I'm working on the Immortal Dynasty challenge, and part of my museum, I want to include the ice sculptures of my sims. Problem is, that I only have one immortal sim who has completed the ice personality sculpting challenge, and for some reason, every time I try to get him to do a sculpture of his grandchild (immortal #3, and in need of a sculpture), he just stands there and doesn't actually do anything. What's creepier, is that the grandkid's shadow goes off somewhere, and will often make doubles of the person (although it doesn't appear physically, there become multiple options in the "ice sculpt a sim" option). That, and the sculpture never gets done.

Anybody have ANY idea how to fix this glitch? Technically, I don't NEED the ice sculpture, but I would like one (especially since I accidently didn't get the previous one afjlkd;fjads). I'm just worried this is going to be a permanent thing, too. :/

EDIT: Pfft. And now the immortal-to-be grandchild has met a clone of herself at school. Glorious.

Offline sunshine_2406

• Occult
  • Call me Alice :)
Re: Ice Sim Sculpting Glitch
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2013, 03:35:54 AM »
I have had this countless times. The only thing that I've found to fix it is to do a universal reset, quit the game and clear your caches, and then go back and replace the sculpting station. There's nothing to do about the clone that's already there unfortunately.
From the moment I fell down that rabbit hole I've been told what I must do and who I must be. I've been shrunk, stretched, scratched and stuffed into a teapot. I've been accused of being Alice, and of not being Alice, but this is my dream. I'll decide where it goes from here.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Blue Rose

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Ice Sim Sculpting Glitch
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2013, 03:51:38 AM »
I have had this countless times. The only thing that I've found to fix it is to do a universal reset, quit the game and clear your caches, and then go back and replace the sculpting station. There's nothing to do about the clone that's already there unfortunately.

EDIT: Nevermind about what I posted earlier, but thank you!