Author Topic: Bonehilda Died?  (Read 7577 times)

Offline rarespawn

• Llama Wrangler
Bonehilda Died?
« on: June 06, 2013, 10:42:42 AM »
I had a really odd thing happen in my game last night! 

I was playing my Hooley family town jump that I just started and I've been playing them with the 'long' lifespan.

After weeks and weeks of doing nothing but play hopscotch on my front lawn (I kind of forgot about her to be totally honest), Bonehilda turns into a ghost and Grim shows up and takes her away.  It looks like she died of old age by the color of her ghost.  I can't post the screenies because I am at work, but I will when I get home. 

I think this is a result of the story progression mod, still I've never seen Bonehilda die in a game before.

Now I have her tombstone and I'm curious to try and resurrect her with the 'Oh my Ghost' opportunity...to see if she can be made playable, but I also don't want to wreck my game.  I was wondering if anyone else had this happen to them before?  And did you try to resurrect her?

Offline Skilletnap

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Bonehilda Died?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2013, 11:45:55 AM »
I don't have supernatural, but there was another post I found about a dead/dying Bonehilda.

But now, I too am wondering what would happen if you brought her back. :O Being optimistic, I don't think anything will happen to your game because you can have more than one Bonehilda, but maybe make a copy of your current game and leave it on the desktop just in case you decide to try it. :P

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2013, 05:08:53 PM »
It seems to be a general glitch that happens.  After all, a regular sim tends to be used as a base, and something may happen to kill her. 

In fact, if you use the unlockOutfits cheat, you can even access the Bonehilda body (Of course, you have to have Supernatural installed).

Offline rarespawn

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2013, 06:51:09 PM »
Added my screenshot.  I've decided when I am ready to town jump and have copied and saved my family members and town I will give resurrecting her a shot!

Offline rarespawn

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2013, 03:17:57 PM »
I resurrected her at the science center.  She is still a ghost, as the science experiment failed, but she does appear to be a playable member of my family!!  You can't edit her in CAS, but her traits are Brave, Workaholic, Neat, Perfectionist, Athletic.

So I guess it is completely possible to bring her back and play her!

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2013, 08:01:17 PM »
And that's a great picture.  Almost makes it look like she is playing hopscotch.

Also, if you have time, do you think you can see if you can bring her back to 'life' (such as it is) from her ghost state, and see whether you can control her entirely as a member of the family that way?

Offline rarespawn

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2013, 10:16:54 PM »
Actually, she appears as a member of the family even if she is a ghost, and is controllable,  she even has wishes.  But I will try to see if I can get her 'in the flesh' so to speak, and see if it is true there as well.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2013, 10:35:01 PM »
But I will try to see if I can get her 'in the flesh' so to speak, and see if it is true there as well.
*nods*  Yeah, I did see you mention she was playable as a ghost.  Anyways, thank you if you do find out :).

Offline Rathamon

• Nooboo
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2013, 11:20:15 PM »
That is so COOL!

I love my Bonehilda's, but if I could make them part of a 'real' band, I'd jump at the chance!
Now then, how will I go about getting them all killed? Hmmm.
Maybe I could change lifespan to as short as possible and they'll die of old age, as yours did.
Honestly, I've never seen a Bonehilda die. I didn't even know it was possible, and I've played with them as part of the household for a long time...

very interesting...

Offline rarespawn

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2013, 01:16:18 AM »
I'm thinking it may be twallan's story progression mod.  I haven't been using it for very long, and I've never had a Bonehilda die before now.  I think something about the mod allows her to age and die.  Either that or I've never played a game long enough before.  I was playing my sims on long lifespan, and she died when I was a good ways in.  I'm not sure how to upload her to the exchange or I would go about trying that.