Author Topic: Create a Style in uploaded lots.  (Read 2010 times)

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Create a Style in uploaded lots.
« on: August 02, 2010, 04:42:34 AM »
OK, this has been on my mind a bit so I thought I'd ask to put my mind at rest. If I use the Create a Design tool on wallpaper and floor coverings in a house I upload, will the new designs be the ones that show when someone downloads the house? I'm pretty sure that if I just use the stock designs that are in game they will show up, but if I make a pattern and use that, what happens there? I guess it would be considered as custom content so would it just be included with the house, or would the person downloading have to download the pattern as well as the house?
I've found a way to make some custom wallpapers using my own patterns. Nothing like the murals I was able to do in TS2 though, to do that I need an ingame wallpaper that is just 3 equal horizontal stripes using 3 different colours, but I don't want to use them in uploads until I know how they work.

Norma
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Create a Style in uploaded lots.
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2010, 06:10:05 PM »
I haven't done anything with the design tool yet, but I would think that the new patterns would be included when the house is downloaded by others.  Then those same patterns will be inserted into the downloader's game and can be used again.  That's what happens with other third party content, so I'm guessing it would be the same in this situation.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything