Author Topic: Can't Disable Data Logging  (Read 2708 times)

ffranco999

Can't Disable Data Logging
« on: July 02, 2010, 02:25:25 PM »
What it says. I uncheck it in options menu and go to save, but when I return to the options menu it's checked again. Other changes I have made remain like I want them. I think this started when I installed World Adventures.

Any advice?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Can't Disable Data Logging
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2010, 08:08:24 PM »
Sorry.  I don't even know what data logging does.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TommyT

• Occult
Re: Can't Disable Data Logging
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2010, 12:24:18 PM »
Data logging is a process where, in our case, EA receives information from our computer for various purposes (usually marketing) and tracks our gaming habits, frequented website, etc.  Most off-line games do it, here's an excerpt from the EULA we all agreed to:

E.  IGA Worldwide Technology. This game incorporates dynamic advertisement serving technology offered by IGA Worldwide Inc. ("IGA Technology"), which enables advertising to be temporarily uploaded into the game on your PC or console, and replaced while you are online. IGA Technology only logs information that is needed to measure presentation of advertising, and to serve advertising to the appropriate geographic region and to the right location within the game. Logged data may include Internet Protocol Address ("IP Address"), in game location, length of time an advertisement was visible, size of the advertisements, and angle of view. The IP Address is deleted when the online game session ends.  Your game may be assigned an id number, which is stored on your PC or console, and used by IGA Technology to calculate the number of unique and repeat views of dynamic in game advertising. The id number is not associated with any personal data.  No logged information is used to personally identify you. This ad serving technology is integrated into the game; if you do not want to use this technology, do not play the game while connected to the Internet. For more information see our privacy policy at privacy.ea.com.

4.  Consent to Collection and Use of Data.  To facilitate the provision of software updates; dynamically served content including advertising; product support; and online services to you, you agree that EA and its affiliates may collect, use, store and transmit technical and related information that identifies your computer (such as Internet Protocol Address and hardware identification), operating system, and application software and peripheral hardware, and non-personally identifiable game play and software usage statistics, without further notice to you.  EA and its affiliates may also use this information in the aggregate, in a form which does not personally identify you, to improve our products and services and we may share anonymous aggregate data with our third party service providers.

For blocking it entirely you could try to set up a firewall that would block the game from accessing the internet.  You'd have no access to the launcher though so you'd have to manually patch the game.

anything