Author Topic: Returning Home  (Read 2255 times)

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
Returning Home
« on: January 21, 2013, 06:57:05 PM »
I sent my sim to China for 15 days, then tried to Return Home (using the phone interaction) on Day 13. The interaction failed, and on Day 15 he wasn't automatically sent home at midnight. It is currently 5 A.M. on Day 16/15. Does anyone know how I can return him home without losing all the skills, Visa, etc. gained while on vacation?

Edit: The count of "Days in China" in the Adventure Journal went from 15 to 261.

Second Edit: I was able to send three other members of the travel party home previously with no problems.
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline Wai

• Immortal
Re: Returning Home
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 04:50:48 PM »
I frequently find my game lags badly while visiting vacation towns.  China being the worst.  It is not unusual to have to wait 24 hours plus for the game to realise you should have been returned home.  If I were you, I'd wiat it out for two days, obviously keeping the sim happy while there, before abandoning the game and returning to a previous game.  Actually, the delay can be quite useful if you take advantage of it to complete skills, challenges etc.  Just don't do anything which you would not want to leave half done (such as a sculpture) and don't post off any metals or gems as the post box has likely already been emptied into your inventory.
“In this world, there is nothing softer or thinner than water. But to compel the hard and unyielding, it has no equal. That the weak overcomes the strong, that the hard gives way to the gentle -- this everyone knows. Yet no one asks accordingly.”
 Lao-Tse

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 07:03:06 PM »
Exactly what happens when you try to use the phone to send the Sim home?  What message do you get?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2013, 07:05:58 PM »
There's no message, the sim just puts the phone away and goes about his business. At times, he "jumps" a few feet, but that's the only reaction.

Thanks, Wai, I'll try waiting a few more sim days.
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2013, 07:09:19 PM »
Have you tried restarting your game?  Be sure to make a back up save first.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Lasnien

• Townie
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2013, 07:26:08 PM »
The last time I had a similar problem (sim unable to return home but other members of the vacation household left successfully) I think I decided that it was the act of splitting up the household and sending some home while keeping one on vacation. Every other vacation that household took, as long as I never tried to send part of the family back early, I didn't have a problem with not being able to leave the vacation world. Every save I made during the glitchy vacation wound up with the "green box" travel bug.

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2013, 07:34:29 PM »
I restarted my game several times--nothing. He is currently on day 18/15, with no changes in attempting to Return Home.

I did send most of the family home early, so that's probably the problem. I suppose I'll know better next time!

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.