Author Topic: New Attraction System and Reputation  (Read 17548 times)

Offline Cas

• Llama Wrangler
Re: New Attraction System and Reputation
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2013, 11:46:08 AM »
I might even hazard a guess that the profile removal only works in fresh games - in my crashed deader than dead Life States Dynasty, even after removing the profiles, my sims were getting so many gifts and love letters, I was sad that I hadn't just designated one person as the mail carrier.

In all the new games I've tried, though, I've not had any issues with the gifts or love letters.
I get them all the time (the gifts and love letters) even after removing profiles, and its a new game.  It happens as soon as I meet a new sim and get the attraction moodlet.  Possibly sometimes even without getting that moodlet.  Anyway it's very noticeable if you go out trying to make lots of friends e.g. when (in my case) trying to train my toons charisma skill.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2013, 02:29:18 PM »
Apparently you don't need a profile to get letters and date requests. Anyone you meet who is attracted to you will send things. I have taken to keeping my phone silent, and ignoring the gifts I receive. These idiots get the idea after awhile, especially if you and your lover (hubby) go out on the town and show them you are not interested in anyone else.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Roxanne07

• Occult
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2013, 03:01:32 PM »
Ever since Seasons, the Reputation System doesn't work properly for me. The Cheater and Exploring Options reputations seem to be stuck for my couple no matter how hard they try. They've been married for more than 4 sim weeks and never cheated on each other, and yet the reputation hasn't changed.

I have got the Eternally Faithful moodlet, though. It was the same file and only earlier, and with a different male sim. They were romantic interests for just a week.

I don't know if it's just this file or the Seasons patch. What I do know is the Attraction System doesn't have anything to do with it. My sim was attracted to several sims during the time she had the moodlet and didn't lose it ( also wrote love letters to a different sim ) . She only lost it when she broke up with him.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2013, 09:54:03 PM »
Yeah... and the moodlet went away after a single sim day. I'm so disappointed. I worked so, so incredibly hard to get it and it was just gone.

Their reputation suddenly sank down to nothing. What happened? No "cheater" no flirting. In fact, they had just gone to France and they were on a date going everywhere in town, smooching and embracing and watching the stars.
After all that hard work... it feels so wasted.

Edit to say they've now been together for 44 Sim days, married for 4 of those. The marriage sealed the deal and got them their reputation after a few parties of non-stop "Confessing" attraction and smooching. Then after they went to France it just went away. No announcement... nothing. I looked and it was there one minute... gone the next.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2013, 02:22:45 AM »
I wonder if it's a traveller glitch. My sims went to France as friends and got married. But, when they returned they were no longer married, even though they had the "just married" moodlet.

Offline Darien

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2013, 12:37:37 PM »
My sim couples often lose the Eternally Faithful moodlet after travelling. Usually they get it back again after a few romantic interactions.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2013, 09:08:20 PM »
I finally figured out why!
I (thankfully) had a save where the vacation had JUST started... and I was able to send them home right away and save the moodlet!
When you go on vacation it appears that doing romantic interactions will cause the system to feel your Sims are not the Sim's "Significant other" who earned that moodlet (even if they are) and it will cancel it out!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2013, 04:55:14 AM »
I seem to be having the exact opposite to most here it seems, before the patch I had a lot of trouble getting the eternally faithful moodlet, the only solution I found was to not let them live together, have them just date and be romantic in public for ages then only move in after getting the moodlet or it would never happen once they lived together. Sometimes it took weeks to show up.

Since the patch it appears at exactly 20 days every time, living together or not, I still have them be romantic in public but I found during the baby boomer they got it and the only people who really saw them be romantic was all their kids. And this was while getting a truck load of gifts and letters from other people every day. I think my max mail was 75 in a day, crazy.

As for it vanishing, yes it does do that when you travel, but i've also had it come back when I got home or even had them get faithful while on vacation then it goes back to eternally faithful after they return.

I like it not just because it's a nice moodlet but also because my sims spend an awful lot of time thinking about it, like it means a lot to them to have it, I find that rather sweet.

Offline ilovethesims

• Townie
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2013, 12:55:09 AM »
I think I got the Eternally Faithful reputation even after I installed the Seasons in one of my games. My Sim and Blair Wainwright were not married, engaged, or going steady but only had a romantic relationship with each other. They just kept on seeing each other and going out on dates and having sleepovers in the house.