Author Topic: Frayed umbrellas  (Read 11816 times)

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
Frayed umbrellas
« on: November 14, 2012, 02:11:19 PM »
I'm not sure if my Sim gets struck by lightning when I'm not looking or if it's glitching out.  Does anyone else have umbrellas that go all half-formed and silly looking after a few days?  Can I fix them or do they just need to be replaced?

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
Frayed umbrellas
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2012, 02:17:41 PM »
I'm not sure if my Sim gets struck by lightning when I'm not looking or if it's glitching out.  Does anyone else have umbrellas that go all half-formed and silly looking after a few days?  Can I fix them or do they just need to be replaced?

I had one like that. I took it out of her inventory, put it on the floor, went into buy mode and changed the pattern on it. That fixed it for me.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
Re: Frayed umbrellas
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2012, 02:42:48 PM »
Ah!  I figured it out.  You can upgrade umbrellas to unbreakable but only when they are on the floor.  Time to fix up the family inventory.

Offline PolarBair

• Occult
    • This is a link to my studio on the exchange where my builds can be downloaded.
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2012, 05:25:16 PM »
Ah!  I figured it out.  You can upgrade umbrellas to unbreakable but only when they are on the floor.  Time to fix up the family inventory.

This is why I wish there was some kind of umbrella can to put by the front door that sims would put their umbrellas in when they get home. The current household I'm playing is a family of alien/genie hybrids and aliens repair stuff autonomously except the umbrellas because they're always in their inventories. :(
My Builds
The EPs I have are:
Ambitions
World Adventurer
Late Night
Showtime
Seasons

Offline smaurine82

• Townie
    • Jensen Legacy
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2013, 05:08:09 PM »

I had no idea that you could upgrade umbrellas because I never took them out of my Sims' inventories. Thank you so much for sharing this!