Author Topic: My Sim lost his clothes  (Read 5191 times)

Offline Missa

• Townie
My Sim lost his clothes
« on: June 22, 2010, 06:07:09 PM »
I have World Adventures, High End Loft Stuff and Ambitions.

In one of my games the wife was in China and when she came home her husband was in the middle of a shower. When he got out of the shower he had no clothes on! His picture disappeared from the Sim selector in the bottom left (it was just a green square instead of a green square with his picture in it). And when you select him there is no picture on the Sim panel. (I can post a screen shot, but I didn't know if I should since it's not exactly family friendly! He is naked, with no "blurring" He looks like a Ken doll, nothing is "there" :))I have tried to have him take showers, or change clothes and nothing works except to have him change into his Sim Fu uniform! It pretty funny because he is a level 10 fireman and he had to go to his ceremony for the key to the city naked! She just went to France, so maybe it will fix itself when she comes back, I hope :) I was just wondering if this had happened to anyone else?

Offline wildredchild

• Immortal
  • Meet Sadie :)
Re: My Sim lost his clothes
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2010, 07:14:44 PM »
Try resetting him.  Here is a link to instructions on how to do so, http://www.carls-sims-3-forum.com/index.php/topic,451.0.html .  That is a link to a topic in the Technical Help section of our forum if you can't link to it in this reply.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2010, 09:04:06 PM »
It also sounds like there may be some third party content involved.  Sometimes when you download houses or Sim families, you get some "naked" clothing whether you want it or not (another reason we discourage use of third party content).  Try going to your launcher and click on Installed Content.  Anything that's not from the Sims 3 Store should be deleted, especially items that look especially strange.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Missa

• Townie
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2010, 11:06:46 PM »
I'll try resetting him, Thanks!

I have only downloaded stuff from the Sims 3 store, I don't want any 3rd party content in my game either, I wouldn't want it to mess up my game or give me a virus. This seems to have deleted his clothes altogether.

I'll look through my launcher, though, that's a good idea. I don't have much downloaded content, so I can just take it all out and see if that helps.

Thanks for the thoughts! I'll try them both and hope that it helps, otherwise I'll just delete that game and start something else :)

Offline Missa

• Townie
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2010, 12:57:18 AM »
When I came back from France my husband was gone, so I guess that solves my problem  :-\

I wasn't super attached to him, so it's no big deal, but very weird!

eachna

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2010, 10:18:29 PM »
When I came back from France my husband was gone, so I guess that solves my problem  :-\

I wasn't super attached to him, so it's no big deal, but very weird!

Taken out of context this is a funny comment. Good things you're talking  about the game :).

Me, I'd be *very* upset my husband left me while I was on a trip. Then again, if I went to France without him, I might deserve it!!!

*giggling*

Gwen

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2010, 10:33:27 PM »
It also sounds like there may be some third party content involved.  Sometimes when you download houses or Sim families, you get some "naked" clothing whether you want it or not (another reason we discourage use of third party content).  Try going to your launcher and click on Installed Content.  Anything that's not from the Sims 3 Store should be deleted, especially items that look especially strange.

Is there a link on how to get rid of (completely) any and all  3rd party installed content?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2010, 10:39:34 PM »
You can do it through the Sims 3 Launcher.  There's a button for Installed Content.  You can delete things you don't want from there.  The thing is, it will also show items you purchased from the Sims 3 Store, so be careful not to delete those items.

I think there's more you can delete in the files, but someone a little more technical needs to explain it.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2010, 10:55:55 PM »
You mean going into the Sims files and deleting the downloads?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2010, 01:42:02 AM »
Yes, but I'm not exactly sure which files or their location, so I can't tell you specifically what to do.  I'm certain we have other members who are qualified to give you some help.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Missa

• Townie
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2010, 11:17:44 PM »
Taken out of context this is a funny comment. Good things you're talking  about the game :).

Me, I'd be *very* upset my husband left me while I was on a trip. Then again, if I went to France without him, I might deserve it!!!

*giggling*

Gwen

Gwen, that is sooo funny!!!! Hee hee, I didn't even think about how that sounded! Although when I tried to tell my mom and my husband my problem (both non simmers) they just looked at me weird! *giggling*