Author Topic: Different season lengths in different neighborhoods?  (Read 4411 times)

Offline SimFan1228

• Llama Wrangler
Different season lengths in different neighborhoods?
« on: August 08, 2018, 03:02:59 PM »
This was probably discussed before, but I haven't found any threads asking about it. Please directs me to other threads if it has been discussed.

I know seasons can be adjusted for each save/neighborhood, but how does that work? If I wanted say, a really long summer and spring in Isla Paradiso with a short fall and winter, while other neighborhoods had seasons about equal in length, how can I change them individually? From what I have read it seems like the seasons panel on the main menu is the default universal seasonal setup, but then each season can be tweaked in each neighborhood.

I only ask because I'd like to have certain neighborhoods have special setups. I mentioned Isla Paradiso above, but I'd also like a long fall in Moonlight Falls to keep up with a perpetual autumn/Halloween feel for the town, and maybe Appaloosa Plains as well since that town is very farm like, and a harvest feel could be nice, whereas I'd probably give every other town balanced seasons.

So how can I achieve these desired results in the game?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Different season lengths in different neighborhoods?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2018, 03:21:01 PM »
After testing being able to set season days per-save file. It can be done.

Set them up on a universal scale to start. After loading a save, go to options and change the days from there.

Season & Environment Options (8th tab - Moon/Leaf/Cloud)
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline SimFan1228

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2018, 03:34:57 PM »
Changing Season options might be able to be done for each save, by loading a save and then going to Options. - I don't know this for sure. I've tried it before, but it's been awhile.

For example: If you're not able to set seasons in each neighborhood, it might be possible to have a saved game for each town you want to play and set the season options that way.

Thanks for your response, MrsFlynn. But I'm still kind of confused with how its worded. It sounds like you can't change the number of days for every individual neighborhood, but then it also sounds like you can change the save file. What's the difference between the neighborhood and the save file of each neighborhood?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2018, 03:58:25 PM »
I just popped in game to test being able to set season days per-save file.

Yes we can!!

We can set them up on a universal scale to start. After loading a save, go to options and change the days from there.

Thank you for having me check that!! - I edited my first reply to post that information.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline SimFan1228

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2018, 12:24:22 AM »
I just popped in game to test being able to set season days per-save file.

Yes we can!!

We can set them up on a universal scale to start. After loading a save, go to options and change the days from there.

Thank you for having me check that!! - I edited my first reply to post that information.
That's great news that we are able to do that! Thanks for checking that out for us!  :D

anything