Author Topic: Meal Moodlets  (Read 3259 times)

Offline jdratlif

• Llama Wrangler
Meal Moodlets
« on: June 20, 2010, 03:35:36 AM »
Is there a list of factors that affect the meal moodlets?

I thought at first it was solely based on the quality, but that doesn't seem to be the only factor. My Sims have eaten perfect quality food and only been giving "Amazing Meal +35". Most of the things my chef makes are "Amazing Meal +50". Now that I've done the Star Chef (50 meals prepared) challenge, I get "Amazing Meal +75".

In the Ambrosia guide, it says you get a "Divine Meal +75" moodlet that lasts 7 days. Will my "Star Chef" get better than this? edit: I just caught some deathfish, and no, it's still +75.

Are there other factors I've missed? Favorite meals don't seem to do much; they clap before they eat, but that seems to be all.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Meal Moodlets
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2010, 01:28:29 PM »
I think you've hit on most of the things:  skill of the chef, quality of the meal.  I've never seen ambrosia higher than 75, but don't have a lot of experience with it.  The only other thing I can think of is that if your sim has Over-emotional, every moodlet they get will be higher.  I always thought they got a higher moodlet for their favourite meal, but haven't really checked it.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Leto85

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2010, 04:39:19 PM »
Yes, you can improve you cooking even higher by upgrading the most expansive stove to prepare better food. Food that has been taken out the 5 star fridge you will get after hitting level 10 in the culinary career. Then your dish's quality will be sky high. Even the Ambrosia moodlet from +75 can hit +80 that way.
Besides that, you can also make food spicy (literal translation from my game so I'm not sure if that's the right name for it) when a born cook sim receives a dish from your fridge.
Besides that: I think you have named them all.

Oh yes, make dishes more and more and more. That way you become even more better and therefore I believe a moodlet can be tremendously high when you really are about to let your sim life to eat. But you probably knew this already. ;)

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2010, 05:40:40 PM »
Besides that, you can also make food spicy (litterly translation from my game so I'm not sure if that's the right name for it)

I think you may mean the interaction that in English is 'Kick it up a notch'. In general it means to improve something so for the cooking skill it will take the food to the next level (for example from 'normal' to 'nice').  I'm not sure but I think it becomes available to any sim with cooking level 5 but I suspect that a natural cook would use it autonomously.

Leto85

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2010, 05:53:52 PM »
I think you may mean the interaction that in English is 'Kick it up a notch'. In general it means to improve something so for the cooking skill it will take the food to the next level (for example from 'normal' to 'nice').  I'm not sure but I think it becomes available to any sim with cooking level 5 but I suspect that a natural cook would use it autonomously.

Well, 'Kick up the notch' is not available for every sim in my game, even though the level 10 ones. Therefore I asume that it is only for the natural cooks, because they are the only ones that actually can do that interaction with the prepared dishes.

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2010, 05:58:44 PM »
My bad, it's been a while since I last played with cooking in mind and I couldn't remember.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2010, 04:05:05 AM »
Yes, the Kick it Up a Notch is only for Natural Cooks.  :)
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything