Author Topic: The Merryweather Dynasty: Part 32 - A Chapter About Myst  (Read 23342 times)

Offline Sutz

• Townie
Re: The Merryweather Dynasty: Part 29 - Return to the Source
« Reply #105 on: May 28, 2012, 12:26:58 PM »

Lazuli: Oh... my head hurts. Wait, where's Semprini? Where am I?

Lazuli: Y'know, I don't think I'm in Hidden Springs any more.
?: You are correct, my friend.

Lazuli: ...
?:You are confused. That's natural.
Lazuli: I suppose there's not much point in asking who you are, as this is all a dream. So instead I'll go for the 'Where are we?' angle.
?: We are where the Immortal Dynasty challenge began... in Sunset Valley.

?:Come with me. There's something I need you to see.

?: You know how to ride, I presume?

Lazuli: I seriously hope that was a joke.

Offline Deme

• Immortal
« Reply #106 on: May 28, 2012, 03:10:08 PM »
Ooh, mysterious... Let's just see what there is to see here...
Stories In Progress:
The Avyan Immortal Dynasty

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Sutz

• Townie
« Reply #107 on: June 05, 2012, 09:09:40 AM »

Lazuli: Oh no... I don't believe it...

Lazuli: Is that... Ambrosia...?

Offline Sutz

• Townie
Re: The Merryweather Dynasty: Part 30 - Galaxy's Story
« Reply #108 on: July 19, 2012, 10:40:43 AM »

Lazuli: I'm serious, Uncle Galaxy, it was the most vivid and strange dream I'd ever had.
Galaxy: So you've seen her. I thought you might.
Lazuli: Her? You know who this is?
Galaxy: Well... yes and no. What I know is that she seems to be some sort of guardian angel that watches over our family. She has no name, but we've all seen her at some point. Even myself.
Lazuli: Even Emerald?
Galaxy: Well... I assume so. The truth is I have no idea. But I know for a fact that everyone else has seen her. Topaz saw her in a picture she was painting; Quartz received a vision of her just before you were born. She showed him a blue stone. That was how he knew to call you Lapis Lazuli.
Lazuli: And you? How did she appear to you?
Galaxy: She saved my life.

Lazuli: She saved your life? But I thought that was just a dream you had!
Galaxy: The body cannot live without the mind.

Galaxy: I am still not sure what horror I was plunged into that night, but unlike many memories, which fade with age, this one has only become clearer as I have grown older. Someone tried to jeopardize our Dynasty. Someone tried to get rid of me. My worst fears came true... that is, until she saved me.

Lazuli: Was it Grim?
Galaxy: I do not think so. Grim does his job.

Lazuli: And the girl?
Galaxy: I cannot be certain, but I'm sure she is a friend - and she is here to help us, whatever form she may take. For now I call her The Girl in Blue, or Mystery.
Lazuli: I understand.
Galaxy: Lazuli, I am growing old, and I will not live to see my granddaughter - YOUR daughter - grow up and maybe meet Mystery for herself. Please promise me you will take care of her, and our family. Your father brought me to life, and your family adopted me as one of their own. I could not have been more blessed. Please be good to my son Hubert and look after Amethyst. Raise her well.
Lazuli: Of course I will, Uncle. You can count on me.

Offline Sutz

• Townie
Re: The Merryweather Dynasty: Part 31 - A True Update
« Reply #109 on: July 20, 2012, 02:12:20 PM »
I have been neglecting this story for far too long. Also my external harddrive broke and I lost all my backup Merryweather files. Thank God I had this one safely tucked away on my computer. It's the Summer holidays now, so I'm back to some proper Simming! Here goes!
Keeping track of seven Sims, two horses and a foal is a pain and a half, particularly as my computer insists on running it at snails' pace. *siiiiiiiiigh*

First of all, I've discovered what happens to horses if they pass out. Arashi, silly boy, decided to play with the horse ball all night instead of going to sleep like the rest of the household. I found him like this in the morning:

That same night I discovered Hubert sleeping on a park bench - in his swimming trunks. How he didn't die of cold, I've no idea.

Amethyst has aged up to toddler with her mother's hair and some very queer-looking green eyes. Mutation. She didn't get her dad's beautiful turquoise eyes or her mother's brown. She's still cute as a button, though.

Galaxy's spending his last few days painting his granddaughter's toddler portrait.

Offline Sutz

• Townie
Re: The Merryweather Dynasty: Part 32 - A Chapter About Myst
« Reply #110 on: October 16, 2012, 02:21:47 PM »
Oh crumbs! I must be the worst author in the world for not updating this story sooner. We have so much catching up to do!

Actually the real reason is because Sims 3 has become nearly unplayable due to my five-year-old computer finally starting to give up the ghost. I'm saving up for either an upgrade or an entirely new machine. Why must one be a millionaire to have something even remotely functional? *le siiiiiigh*

Anyway, lots of things have been changing in the household. Members have come and gone, so likely there'll be a lot of small updates to bring you all up to speed. :)

First of all, Lazuli aged up to Adult (with Hubert following a few days after).

They weren't the only ones to age up. Myst followed suit shortly after.

Myst is a lovely boy, but unfortunately his traits (Aggressive) and his gender meant he was unsuitable to continue the line. So Lazuli trained him and then she took him to the Equestrian Center to sell him.

It was sad to say goodbye to Myst - the very first foal I raised in Sims 3 by myself - but I'm sure he'll find a nice home. Farewell, Myst!