Author Topic: Items Disappearing  (Read 7356 times)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Items Disappearing
« on: June 20, 2010, 11:29:08 AM »
Has anyone who has a klepto notice any of their stolen items disappearing or be unabled to be brought to a foreign land in their inventory?

My klepto has kept and been using one of the cars she stole.  I thought if I stick it in her inventory as her favorite car she'd be able to use it in France.  I also gave her spouse a Prius (sp?) to use the same way, not a stolen one.  He has his car, hers is gone from her inventory.

I also thought, I wonder if you can bring buydebug items with you?  So I put a pangu's axe in her inventory and voila!  Gone!

From time to time I've noticed if you keep stolen items they will eventually somehow disappear after saving, quitting, and returning.  It doesn't happen all at once nor all the time but the items that go away are almost always stolen ones.  Mind you, I'm not talking about having a burglar come.  Burglars can't get into my home compound.  At least not so far.

Honest purchases also seem to disappear from family inventory.  When my heir got pregnant I was comfortable knowing I had tons of baby furniture and decor in my family inventory.  When I went in to get it, the cribs were cheaper models and the decor was missing entirely.  I had bought all those cute baby things, the one with animals on them, and that adorable monkey and stuff, but it was gone, gone, gone.  The standard model potties and high chairs were there though.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
Re: Items disappearing
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2010, 11:52:22 AM »
I don't think that stolen goods are meant to disappear, but if you keep it in their inventories and have a high free will, the kleptos may turn the stolen stuff back in by sending it back through the mailbox. Is that possible to have occurred?

And then, buyDebug stuff is meant to stay, but specifically Pangu's axe is weird. Check this thread and see if it helps.
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010, 12:05:08 AM »
I don't think that stolen goods are meant to disappear, but if you keep it in their inventories and have a high free will, the kleptos may turn the stolen stuff back in by sending it back through the mailbox. Is that possible to have occurred?

And then, buyDebug stuff is meant to stay, but specifically Pangu's axe is weird. Check this thread and see if it helps.

No high free will.  I got too annoyed chasing them down when they wanted to do something other than what I put in their queue.  Oh, and when I got back from my trip to France the axe was on the basement wall.  Now how did THAT happen?  It's gone again now though. 

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2010, 12:11:26 AM »
Swede thanks for the link.  That sound exactly like the same problem I had.  My first axe was done via cheats.  I was exploring what you could do with them.  So I bought the axe, I believe in buy mode, and hung it on an outside wall in China.  My klepto came and took it down and was able to smash rocks with it and to bring it home.  However, once she got back to Sunset it disappeared!  I had visions of going around Sunset bashing rocks just for the fun of it but no such luck.  Ah well, I didn't really want a cheat thing for real anyway.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Items Disappearing
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2010, 01:32:00 AM »
The cars in inventory are a weird thing.  Sometimes they make the trip and can be driven and sometimes not.  I've also seen where more than one Sim is traveling, all have a car in inventory, but only one arrives with it and can drive.  Another time, both Sims had their cars.  I think it must be a little buggy because it's just not consistent.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: Items Disappearing
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2010, 11:21:51 AM »
The weird thing was in their return trip one drove home and the other arrived on foot!  Didn't even use the Simspa or taxi.

----------
My No Buy Story