Author Topic: Can I ever move out & stop the previous household aging?  (Read 2623 times)

EADragongirl

Can I ever move out & stop the previous household aging?
« on: July 05, 2010, 06:09:56 AM »
I read that I could If  turn aging and/or story progression off in the options menu I could move my sims out and start playing another house. Will the household I move out continue to age though? I used to hop between my families all the time when it got over crowded and this is really irritating me. Currently I have 4 adults, a toddler and twin babies. Somethings gotta give if the other 2 adults want to get married and have kids too!

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Can I ever move out & stop the previous household aging?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2010, 07:55:12 AM »
Welcome to our Forum, Dragongirl!

You don't have to turn off aging or story progression in order to move out a Sim.  Just have your Sim use the computer or cell phone and select "Move" to get the process started.  You'll have the option of buying a house or just kicking them out.  Either way gets them out of your house and out from under your control.

Whether you play with aging on or off, it will control the aging of every Sim in town, not just yours.

I hope you find this helpful.  :)
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

EADragongirl

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2010, 08:57:40 AM »
Thank you Pam. What I wanted to be able to do, as I did in the Sims 2 was move a family and play them but not have the other family develop without me. Is that possible? It's not looking likely from what I've read :(

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2010, 09:33:50 AM »
I don't think you can just play one stand alone family and have just that one family advance and not anyone else in the neighborhood.  Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I am pretty sure that is correct.  Sometimes I wish we could do that though. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Meurix

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2010, 09:37:32 AM »
It's not possible because in TS3 the town is connected and other sims age just like your own sims, unlike in TS2 where the town wasn't connected.

EADragongirl

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2010, 05:19:47 PM »
Darn, I like to micro manage my sims and don't want them changing if I move to another house! ~sighs

anything