Author Topic: Lucky Palms, everyone turns to Vamp so fast!  (Read 4924 times)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Lucky Palms, everyone turns to Vamp so fast!
« on: July 21, 2012, 02:41:51 AM »
 :-[  I've tried three times to start a dynasty in Lucky Palms.  I'm sure it's possible but it sure is going to be hard to find a viable mate!  Everyone I befriend or try to have a relationship of any kind with turns to a vamp almost right away!  I finally got Darin Dreamer to the house and figured I was really in luck.  Well, now I know why that dude stays out of the sun!  We were in the middle of a pillow fight when all of a sudden he started to hunt me!  CREEPY!  (I hate vampires)  Three female friends became vampires, two old ladies out of the three that live together, and the young flirt about town.  Then one of the old dudes who are best friends turned!  All in the space of three Sim days of play.  arrrrrgggghhhh   Sure doesn't leave much left.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Lucky Palms, everyone turns to Vamp so fast!
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2012, 02:45:40 AM »
Lucky Palms doesn't get more vampires than any other town, really.  I'm playing it for the Consignment Quartet challenge and there are the normal number of vampires.  It seems sometimes that they are taking over, but they really do level off eventually. 
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Erythrocyte

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2012, 09:45:03 AM »
Hm, I agree with Pam, I have played quite a lot in Lucky Palms and there really aren't that many vampires in town in my game.
I'm sorry that you've had so many in yours. Maybe if you started a new game in another "new" Lucky Palms there would be less vampires. But like Pam said, I don't think it has anything to do with the world you're playing in and it should eventually even itself out.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2012, 01:07:35 PM »
It's not the quantity of vamps, it's how fast someone you just met in a brand new game suddenly becomes a vamp in mid-sentence.  I know it takes awhile for a person to complete their "turn" once bitten and I guess I just was the one to run into them before they had finished.  It was quite a bummer for one of them to be Daren Dreamer!  I so wanted him for a spouse.  Instant artist!  Now on still another game there and this time, while there still are vamps, (and will be unless I get rid of LN or September arrives with Supernatural), no one has just turned while interacting with my Sim twin.  Then again, this time it's not a dynasty, just game play.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2012, 02:22:59 PM »
Considering Lucky Palms is a desert, the vamps must be having a hard time not burning up! Did you try buying a vampire potion to change him back?

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2012, 02:25:27 PM »
Yea, there'll be the option to switch them off when SN comes out. Just have to bear it till then. ;) I was expecting almost everyone in Bridgeport to be vamps within a week of playing my DecaDynasty but they aren't turning as fast as I thought, which is surprising considering the fact that they're already so many vamps there when you start out.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2012, 04:55:15 PM »
I made the mistake of turning my mod to change the vampire ratio in Bridgeport from 50 to 60. Now, people are being changed too rapidly. I like to watch the other households and saw Matt Hammiing, who was turned by Elvira (against his will), automatically turn another sim into a vampire. Mods add a spice to life.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2012, 04:24:49 AM »
I've been playing in Twinbrook with EA story progression on, normally I use Twallans and have vampires turned off but i'm trying one of the challenges, I was alarmed at the rate people became vampires in the first week or two, it's settled down now thankfully. I'll have to go back and play there again without the EA one so I can actually get to know the people as they started out in the game. If it had been Bridgeport I might have assumed they were vamps anyway but I know there are none in Twinbrook.

Just glad I'm only there for the challenge, finding a non vamp spouse would be hard.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2012, 03:31:29 AM »
I've been playing in Twinbrook with EA story progression on, normally I use Twallans and have vampires turned off but i'm trying one of the challenges, I was alarmed at the rate people became vampires in the first week or two, it's settled down now thankfully. I'll have to go back and play there again without the EA one so I can actually get to know the people as they started out in the game. If it had been Bridgeport I might have assumed they were vamps anyway but I know there are none in Twinbrook.

Just glad I'm only there for the challenge, finding a non vamp spouse would be hard.

And that was exactly the problem I had in Lucky Palms.   It was hello one minute and I want to suck your blood in the next. 

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Susinok

• Townie
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2012, 06:23:31 AM »
Yea, there'll be the option to switch them off when SN comes out. Just have to bear it till then. ;) I was expecting almost everyone in Bridgeport to be vamps within a week of playing my DecaDynasty but they aren't turning as fast as I thought, which is surprising considering the fact that they're already so many vamps there when you start out.

I'm so happy to hear this! I HATE vampires when I am trying to play a normal game. I fully intend to play the supernaturals in the new EP but I don't want vampires taking over ever single town I'm in. I like to keep my towns human in the games I am not playing them.

I go all Buffy on them and hop around Edit down, switching families, giving them money, and forcing them to take the potion to get rid of them. It felt like I had 20 vampires in Hidden Cove over night. It took an hour to get them all.