Author Topic: Architectural Designer?  (Read 9659 times)

Offline Starry Sky

• Nooboo
Architectural Designer?
« on: September 11, 2012, 08:59:29 PM »
Since I'm new to Sims 3, I've been playing in Twinbrook as an Architectural Designer with the the Home Design Hotshot LW and the traits Artistic, Charismatic, Savvy Sculptor, Photographer's Eye, and Perfectionist traits. I thought it might help with my building skills since mine suck.

But I can't get the hang of it. So far I've only completed two jobs. A Book Nook for Buddy Bailey, I completed this because I found room upstairs to build a small room with the requaired furniture and a statue and painting my sim made. Buddy liked it and gave me a very good review. Rich Whelohff wanted a Gym Addition (when I got to his house I saw there was already a gym in the basement and thought, 'Dude, seriously?' I ended up selling the treadmill to replace it with another one.) Rich also liked it, but didn't give me as good a review as Buddy.

The clients are never home so I can't chat and find out their traits when I visit the lot, and there is never any room to build (I guess I can knock down some walls and add a hall and room?) Is socializing with the client necessary at only level 1 in the profession?

I'm mainly asking for building advice, so if this needs to be moved please do so.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
Re: Architectural Designer?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012, 10:25:56 PM »
I can be tough in some of the houses because like you say there isn't a lot of room to add on. If it is a house that is tight on space, spread the items around the house. They don't have to be in one room.
Adding items to cater to their traits will help. The Observant LTR is a big help for learning 3 traits when you first speak to them. If it's someone you don't know the traits and they are not home. Go ahead and add the items needed for the job then click to turn in the renovation. When they show up cancel the action and then you can talk to them and see if they have any relevant traits and if they do click on the lot and continue your work adding items towards the traits they have.
Like you I picked this job at first to try and help with my building skills but soon found you usually didn't have the room or the money available to really build anything. I mostly just tried to squeeze the items in where I could.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything