Author Topic: Sculpting poses question  (Read 5217 times)

Offline freddymondale

• Nooboo
Sculpting poses question
« on: August 04, 2012, 09:59:05 PM »
Hello everybody!
I've been an avid reader of both the site and the forum for almost a year, though I decided to register just a few minutes ago.
I searched everywhere, but I wasn't able to find the answer to a question I have about the game, so I'm going to ask you here.

Here's my issue:
Whenever I start sculpting a sim, that sim starts posing. Anyway, the final result is always a statue of a standing still sim.
No matter how many poses they assume while I'm sculpting them, in the end the pose is always the same.
I would like to know if this is just normal, or a bug, or if maybe making more tries makes the sculpture more likely to mirror the pose of the model.

Thank you in advance, I hope the forum section was correct.
Have a nice day

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: Sculpting poses question
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2012, 10:30:52 PM »
Does the sculpting Sim have the Savvy Sculptor trait?  What traits does your sculptor have?
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2012, 11:54:43 PM »
Do you mean the finished sculpture has the Sim's arms straight down his/her sides?  The sculpture is supposed to be the same post as the Sim who is posing for it.  Have you tried deleting that sculpting table and buying a new one?  How many times has it happened?  Have you restarted the game?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline freddymondale

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2012, 05:11:11 AM »
Well, I solved it by following Pam's advice and buying a new sculpting table, such a shame I didn't think of that before  :-\
After that, it used to happen again every now and then, but I just bought the table again (just restarting the game doesn't fix it).
Thank you for your fast reply and for your help

@Ricalynn Yes, she has the Savvy Sculptor trait as well as the associated lifetime reward (and all sculpting challenges completed, for that matter)

Thank you so much again :)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2012, 11:14:44 AM »
I've had Sims do it randomly but it never happened over and over again at the same station.  Then again most of my sculpting is done in my dynasty where I have 8 stations set up but it's the same 8 stations I've had set up for 5 generations.   I noticed that the Sims that didn't have the savvy sculptor trait seemed more likely to sculpt a Sim that wasn't in the exact position as the pose.  I'm glad Pam's solution worked for you.  And Welcome to the forums!
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline freddymondale

• Nooboo
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2012, 07:06:15 PM »
Yeah indeed I thought it could be a matter of skill/traits, if it wasn't for the fact that my sim had all the right traits, max skill, challenges completed etc.
Thank you for your reply anyway, and thank you for the welcome! :)

Offline Swirl-Girl

• Squirt
  • Watcher
  • Sends more than 20 PMs Per Hour
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2012, 03:46:18 PM »
Yeah I don't understand my the posing myself. Can you you choose what pose they are in? I know that the pose is chosen straight away because more and more of it is visible and even if you just started it, in Move objects on if you remove the block you can see the sculpture itself right away.

Squirt's Super Submissions
I love Constructive Criticism!
"Krabs are so cheap, they can't even pay attention!"

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2012, 04:02:41 PM »
Yeah I don't understand my the posing myself. Can you you choose what pose they are in? I know that the pose is chosen straight away because more and more of it is visible and even if you just started it, in Move objects on if you remove the block you can see the sculpture itself right away.

You cannot choose the pose.  The Sim doing the posing just comes up and poses however he wants.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."