Author Topic: Buying things from the consignment shop  (Read 2536 times)

Offline Coocoo girl

• The Desert Devourer
  • Occult
  • This isn't my simself, just to avoid confusion.
Buying things from the consignment shop
« on: July 22, 2012, 01:22:45 AM »
Can you get things for a reduced price at the consignment shop?  I think I remember going there once, and seeing a trampoline for less than it was in build mode, which is 2000, I think.  It wasn't a lot less, just about 500 simoleons less, but it can be a real perk if your just starting out!  So, was this real, or was I just staying up until 7:00am again?
EAT COOKIES.  You'll like them!
Coocoos current story:
http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,11405.0.html (Light legacy)
New chapter!:All that glitters is not gold(but there is some gold)

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Buying things from the consignment shop
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2012, 02:01:33 AM »
I'm fairly sure its possible. The Consignment Store varies the price, so you could, in theory, get something for twice its original price.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Chuckles_82

Re: Buying things from the consignment shop
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2012, 08:19:59 AM »
Long answer: Yes, things can be bought for (as far as I can be sure) 95% of their fully depreciated value. There is something in the coding that says that the minimum price for most things in the store is 95%. But I've bought things for way less than 95% of the full value price, so that is why I'm speculating that it is 95% of the depreciated value. Certain things seem to stick to a certain value - and their deviation from the average is very specific too. For instance, iron is usually $9 (cheap) or $19 (expensive); emeralds are usually $29, but can go as low as $19. I don't know what the weight is for the chance to get an item cheaper though. It must be there somewhere - it tells you in the _XML what the chance is of certain items appearing in the inventory for the consignment register.

Short answer: definitely yes.