Author Topic: Ambitions Job Tracker stopped tracking  (Read 2867 times)

MaxQBaker

Ambitions Job Tracker stopped tracking
« on: June 05, 2010, 11:24:30 PM »
Hi all.
Probably made the mistake of updating to the latest patch prior to getting Ambitions (the patch caused problems, but then installing ambitions seemed to solve them at first.)

Since playing a bit though I've seen a few bugs.
 - the job tracker has stopped keeping track of tasks completed (i.e. ghost hunter goes into a house to evict 0/4 ghosts, but even after doing so, the tracker still says 0/4 ghosts.) It had been working at first. This is my biggest annoyance at the moment.
 - I have also seen the bug where you can no longer change the active household (though completely exiting the game and going back in seems to cure this one.)
- The game crashes in various places (it doesn't like the full makeover in the makeover mirror tool in particular.)

I have the disc versions of Sims3, WA, HELS, and now Ambitions. All patched. No mods installed, but various custom CC (mostly clothes, some furniture sets.)

PC is Vista x32 with 4GB of ram (though x32 doesn't actually recognize that much). dual core pentium. Plenty of video memory.
PC is adequate Vista machine with 4GB of ram (x32 st

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Ambitions Job Tracker stopped tracking
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2010, 12:47:10 AM »
Welcome to the Forum, Max!

The first thing I would look at is your custom content if it was created by a third party. That's often the culprit when the game misbehaves.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

MaxQBaker

Re: Ambitions Job Tracker stopped tracking
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2010, 02:26:06 PM »
it doesn't appear to be CC.
I created a new family in the town (Twin) and tested them with the same careers, and the tracker was working fine.
I then went back to original family confirmed it was broken still (it was.)
I evicted the original family from the current house and moved them elsewhere (in case it was content in the house). Bug remained.
Then I had the Sim quit his ghost hunter job and rejoin... and the tracker was working again.
He had been a level 10 and dropped down to a level 5 when rejoining (probably level 5 because his logic skill was maxxed out)....

But there we have it.
Hope that helps someone else if they ever run into it.

[edit:] p.s. if i had to guess, I would guess that the cause was that the game crashed during a sim performing his career and caused the aforementioned bug to occur.