Author Topic: House of Steel Legacy  (Read 4664 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
House of Steel Legacy
« on: December 07, 2011, 11:27:20 AM »
House of Steel Legacy

Introduction:  When my dynasties became unplayable, I didn't exactly know what I was going to do.  Starting over with Artie seemed easy enough but what about Sage and his family?  It's amazing how attached to little pixels you can get.  I knew there was no way I would be able to redo the Steels and get this wonderful mesh of genetics again.  That and I really wanted to see what Thyme and Josephine's kids would look like.  So why not continue on?  For those that want to read about Thyme's family to this point, the location of my dynasty thread is here. 

Disclaimer: While this is now technically a legacy, I will not be following every one of Pinstar's rules to the letter.  In fact, I don't want this to be a normal legacy and I'm open to suggestions on how to make this story interesting for me.   I'm currently searching up the one where each generation is different or something like that. 

Family Tree: Steel Family Tree
Decided to use Family Echo because there was a lot of information from before this point.  I'm bringing a nice chunk of SV with me in Thyme.  Sadly the connection is a bit broken because I had to put him in CAS really quick as the game was so glitchy that I couldn't save the household.  I might end up typing the generations out here as well as updating Family Echo. 

Chapter Links:
Starting Over
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
Re: House of Steel Legacy
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2011, 11:28:30 AM »
The Family

Generation 0
Founder: Thyme Steel: Brave, Great Kisser, Loves the Outdoors, Party Animal, Virtuoso
LTW: Rock Star
Favorites: Mac & Cheese, Turquoise, Indie

Spouse: Josephine (Noland) Steel: Artistic, Athletic, Brave, Family-Oriented, Friendly
LTW: Surrounded by Family
Favorites: Mac & Cheese, White, Indie

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2011, 11:46:46 AM »
Starting Over

It still feels like the world is coming to an end to me.  It's hard to imagine my grandfathers and father are gone now.  Josephine has been great in helping me deal with things.  I quit my job and so did she because we're not staying in Sunset Valley.  In fact, the day after it happened, she woke me up and told me that she wanted to go to Riverview.  The family had history there because that's where Sage and Chris had been born but it also was so far out of the way that it was unlikely that anyone would know us.  No celebrity, no memories, new beginnings.  I'd do anything for her so I said let's do it.  We took our share of the estate and bought a house that I fell in love with.  Granted none of the colors are what I'm used to but I can always change the ones in my bedroom and the nursery later.   

Yes a nursery.  Josephine also decided that we would be having a big family now that it was just us.  She's always wanted one and living with so few people has felt a bit empty.  I never expected to have more than one child but I think I could live with having more.  What to name them all though?   We used to have this spice theme but now I don't know what to do. 

We're not even engaged yet and here I am talking about what to name the kids.  I guess you guys would like to see pictures of the new house.  We didn't go with the builder I grew up with - Ricalynn.  This time we got something from ehaught.  He's very talented and Ricalynn suggested him to us.  When I saw this one, I knew I had to have it, especially because of the backyard.  It's got everything we could ever need as far as I can tell.

It's mostly two floors but there is a third one in the tower thing.  Josephine is in love with the kitchen and the fruit trees in the front yard.  She's also excited to start a job at the local police station.  She's heard they have a decent forensic branch locally.  I got a job at the local theatre.  As soon as I left the building, some guy came up to me and started a fight.  I won though.

Oh! Would you believe it that this is where Jon Lessen is based.  Apparently he's been known to come in and do concerts at the place where I work.  I'm actually starting to get pretty stoked about the move.  I miss my house and my family but if I have to live somewhere else, this is a great place to be with my JoJo. 

Josephine got me a surprise gift.  She said it was a moving in present to help make everything seem easier.  It's a big blue great dane.  His name is Scooby Blue Steel and I have to say he's pretty awesome.  I taught him how to sit and hunt before my first day of work. 

We got him some toys and I put a doghouse out in the back yard.  I think he likes the pool as much as I do.  While Josephine is at work, he comes and lays in the bed with me to wake me up each morning.  Then he brings me the paper while I'm eating breakfast.   I don't know what he does while we're both at work though.  I can only imagine how boring life must be in this big house.

Of course, there is also always some type of wildlife coming over to the house for no reason.   There is this one wild horse that doesn't want us to go near him but he loves to look inside the windows.  It's just a tiny bit creepy.

The more I thought about leaving Scooby at home all the time, the more I realized that I wanted to get him a friend.  So as a present from me to Josephine and Scooby, I adopted a puppy from the shelter.  It's only two days away from her birthday.  We named her Dottie Steel because of her coat.  I can't tell what she's a mix of but she's adorable nonetheless.

Friday night, after having spent a week away from Sunset Valley, I realized there was something that had to get done so I took the night off and waited for Jo to get home.  When she got done with the garden, I suggested she go upstairs and take a  nice relaxing bath.  As soon as she got out of the bathroom, I did what I should have done before we ever left SV.  I got down on one knee and begged her to marry me. 

I think she was excited because she started jumping around on her heels and nodding her head as I put the ring on her finger.  She gave me the biggest hug and then showed me just how much she appreciated it.   Now it's time for the bachelor party, Dottie's birthday and figuring out when to get married!

Until next time.
   -Thyme Steel.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2011, 03:38:42 PM »
This is really sweet! I'll definitely be reading this! I'm sorry about the dynasty but at least we still have some Steel Action.
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline Deme

• Immortal
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2011, 04:15:45 PM »
I'm happy to see the Steels back in action; I hope they have a big wedding.
Stories In Progress:
The Avyan Immortal Dynasty

dulcea

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2011, 10:34:33 PM »
I am sad to hear that you had to discontinue the Steel dynasty :(

I hope your new legacy goes better :)

A few interesting legacy challenges I have wanted to try:

Differences in the Family Tree - http://angelofafallen.livejournal.com/818.html

Awesimsauce - http://awesimsauce.livejournal.com/88722.html

Both challenges are really indepth, similar to the immortal dynasty challenge.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2011, 10:39:47 PM »
I missed the Steel Dynasty, but I'll read the Legacy! Bookmarked!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline CreativeCrayola

• Katniss :)
  • Immortal
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2011, 02:23:29 AM »
I love this story! I missed out on the dynasty, but I'll definatly be keeping up on the legacy! Thyme and Jo are going to have such cute nooboos!! Dottie and Scooby are so cute!

loveSims

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2011, 11:52:35 AM »
Great to see the Steels in action again!

Offline wellcam884

• Townie
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2011, 05:19:25 PM »
I love this story so far (And the House)
Will You upload the House to the swap shop?

Offline Juxtaposition

• Immortal
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2011, 04:58:33 AM »
I can't blame you for not building your own house when you had one like that to move into!  I'm glad the Steels are still around, even if it's not quite the same as before.  This is a great start to a story, I love the creepy, anti-social, stalker horse, that's funny :)
You can call me Juxt

De D'Onlyn Dynasty
where the party never ends.

Offline AnnBeiFong

• Occult
  • Probably a bad idea.
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2012, 01:26:57 PM »
I've missed the Steels! I can't wait to read the next chapter in their story.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2012, 05:39:26 PM »
Just so everyone knows, I no longer have this file but I still have Thyme and Josephine saved plus I may have a small surprise for everyone.  However none of that is going to come about until after Artie either fails or finishes his dynasty. 

anything