Author Topic: Turning off fridge restocking?  (Read 7249 times)

Andayle

Turning off fridge restocking?
« on: June 07, 2010, 05:02:27 AM »
Hiya all,

First off I want to say that I love this website,  I only found it a few days ago whilst searching google for ambitions info and its now lodged in my Bookmarks under must have websites hehe.

Now to my question.  Is it possible either via a mod or cheat too turn off the stocking of the fridge when sims cook?  Say I want to make waffles but the ingredients have run out the game just auto buys the ingredients for you.  I Want too turn that feature off so my sims HAVE to go to to the shop too purchase more ingredients or grow there own.  Anyone know if this is possible?

Many Thanks.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Turning off fridge restocking?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2010, 05:37:32 AM »
Welcome to the Forum, Andayle! We're glad you found us and decided to join!

I don't believe you can turn off the restocking of the refrigerator like you're thinking. About the only thing you could do is when you see that you have to pay for the ingredients when you try to make a recipe, just don't make that recipe and either make something else or go to the grocery store.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TommyT

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2010, 03:16:49 AM »
Welcome Andayle!  Pam is correct.  There is no cheat to do what you're asking, and I play mod-free so I can't help you there.  My suggestion would be to make a habit of visiting the market every week to stock up (at least the lines are shorter than real life  ;)).

subzero22

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2010, 05:37:26 AM »
I think there should be a way to do it as some people have made mods to make prices higher/cheaper in the fridge when your out of stock.

Offline wildredchild

• Immortal
  • Meet Sadie :)
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2010, 12:21:38 PM »
I think there should be a way to do it as some people have made mods to make prices higher/cheaper in the fridge when your out of stock.

The question was not whether or not it should be, but could it.  And we do not endorse mods here on this forum.  Thank you for understanding.

Andayle

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2010, 01:48:18 PM »
Hiya all

Thanks for the replies, sorry it took me so long to post a thanks but my internet died the day I posted and has come back today :)

Ahh I never realised that mods were a moot subject on these forums, sorry for that I never realised.  I tried to discipline myself into not making recipes when the ingredients are out but I often fail and cheat myself into just making it anyway hehe. If it was forced upon me then it would be a different story haha.

Thanks Peeps

happy Siming.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2010, 05:32:11 PM »
It's everyone's responsibility to read and follow the Forum Rules. Please take a few moments to read them.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything