Author Topic: Sims moved house  (Read 2649 times)

Offline LaB

• Llama Wrangler
Sims moved house
« on: May 11, 2010, 03:34:59 PM »
I started a game ages ago in riverview with a female sim, she got involved with Yuri Ivanov, so I knew where his house is, (I don't use riverview that often, not keen on it). But I've decided to start a legacy blog and chose riverview, I just clicked chose household just to see who actually lives there and the Ivanov family are not in the same house. Has this happened to anyone else? They can't have moved because this will be a new game and in the old game she got to know him straight away so the Ivanov hadn't had time to move.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Sims moved house
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2010, 04:19:22 PM »
I don't play Riverview very often either, but anything is possible with this game.  Maybe the Ivanov family now just has a different home if you're certain that story progression isn't responsible.  Even if your first Sim got to know Yuri straightaway, if even a day had passed before you visited his house, the family may have moved.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, 04:44:59 PM »
Riverview is my favourite town, but I've never had any problems with people starting in different places. I'm pretty certain that this problem would be from the new improved story progression and, as Pam said, that they moved immediately that first time.
It's not impossible. :-\

Are you absolutely positive that they didn't even get let's say 6 hours on them to move, from that you started the game and onwards? (Sorry for asking such an accusing question, but it could be the answer :))
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

Offline LaB

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2010, 06:41:17 PM »
You're probably right. Either they just moved or it wasn't straight away that she got to know him. Must have a been a few hours or a day. I can't remember as it was ages ago.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2010, 10:11:03 PM »
I think I posted this in another place, but the same thing happened when I started a new game in Riverview and I was going to play Jon Lesson.  I went right to the house and he did not live there and I had just started this game.  Took me forever to find him, he was living with this lady closer to town.  That has been the only time that has happened.  Just thought I would mention it.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

mysterious21

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2010, 04:26:48 AM »
I got the same problem last night and I lost the house. The Sims, though, kept all that I had done with them, skills etc., so I just had to move them back to the house. Took me ages to find it as that had also gone. Still these problems make you learn the game although very frustrating. I also lost two residents from the same family as they mysteriously did not move to the same house. So his wife is now in mourning.

anything