Author Topic: Friendly Move In option  (Read 4629 times)

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
Friendly Move In option
« on: May 18, 2010, 11:45:28 PM »
So I'm working on my Alphabetical Townie Legacy and I'm trying to move the second generation heir in with his next family.  In case you're wondering, it's Holly Alto & Miraj Alvi's son trying to move in with Michael & Bella Bachelor.  He's friends with both Michael & Bella, so I asked to move in on friendly terms.  The move screen came up, and it showed that either Michael or Bella could move in with him, but he couldn't move in with them.  So then I started a romantic relationship with Bella, proposed to go steady, but no additional interactions are possible now, he can't propose.

So now what?  Any other ideas of things I could try to get him to move in with the Bachelor family? 

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Friendly Move In option
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2010, 01:58:26 AM »
Good question, AriaGirl, and one that I think hasn't been asked yet.  Don't quote me on that, though.  ;D

With the "Ask to Move In" option, it's a one-way street.  You can only move the other Sim(s) into your current house.  The only way for it to go the other direction would be for another Sim to ask your Sim to move in.  You'd get the move in screen again, but you'd be able to switch your current Sims to the other house.  It's fairly rare that it happens this way.  I think in all my months of playing Sims 3, it's probably happened only two or three times.  I'd like to see a lot more of it as part of story progression and as part of my "Why Do My Sims Have to Do All the Asking" issues.

As for the inability to move from going steady to engaged with Bella, first check the number of Sims in your household.  The limit is 8 and if you have a pregnant Sim, she counts as 2.  If you have plenty of space in your house, then we've come back to an old bug that I thought was fixed that's not allowing proper progression of relationships.  Before it was fixed, any Sim who had been in a romantic relationship and had broken up couldn't get the propose marriage option to come up.  Or even the propose go steady option.  There are things you could try, but they aren't reliable at all.  The usual of resetting the Sims, restarting the game, etc.  My first bet is that your house is too full because you didn't have a problem going steady.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2010, 07:20:10 AM »
I was thinking about doing this legacy, but since there seems to be a problem with moving in, would it be against the rules to just merge the family?  I know that going into edit town  is against rules of legacies, but in this one case, would it be permitted?  I was just going to do it on my own for fun, so I would probably do it anyway, but if it was a challenge or something, might be something to consider.  Your right Pam, it is very rare that another sim will ask for you to move in.  I think I have had it happend only a few times. I was pretty suprised when I saw it for the first time.  I do hope they will sometime come up with other interactions that are not so hard to come by, like that move in from another sim.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2010, 12:41:25 PM »
Well, I think part of the reason our sims have to do all the asking is because generally speaking, our sims are controlling the conversation - at least mine usually do!  The few times I've seen this "ask to move in" option happen with another sim asking mine was when I wasn't directing the conversation. 

And yes, you're totally right Pam, my house is full to the brim!  Duh, why didn't I think of that.  I guess it's because in one of my other Legacies I was able to propose marriage, but then I couldn't actually get married due to the full house.

I was beginning to wonder if it was because Bella is an elder, and my heir is a young adult. lol

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2010, 07:40:53 PM »
Very glad it's resolved, AriaGirl.  Last time, your house probably got full between the proposal and marriage.  If it's full from the start, it blocks the marriage proposal, too.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2010, 10:24:26 PM »
Yup, you're probably right.

I ended up using Edit Town mode to make the move.  I just didn't feel like booting out any siblings or waiting for someone to die.  :)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2010, 10:29:00 PM »
Yup, you're probably right.

I ended up using Edit Town mode to make the move.  I just didn't feel like booting out any siblings or waiting for someone to die.  :)

You know that's breaking the Pinstar Legacy rules, right?  All moves have to be in-game.  :)

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2010, 12:42:11 PM »
Ummm... my entire ruleset is "breaking" the Pinstar ruleset don't ya think?? lol  The whole point is creating a new ruleset.   ;)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2010, 03:07:10 PM »
Hehe.  Sorry AriaGirl.  I had forgotten that.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2010, 02:57:02 AM »
You could always ask Bella and Michael to move in with you, then move the whole family into their old home?  ???
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2010, 06:13:53 PM »
Well, my household was full, so couldn't ask anyone to move in with me.  Was trying to move one of my family members out, and in with Bella & Michael.

But it's fixed now via Edit Town mode. :)  So it's all good.

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2010, 04:06:59 AM »
I started a legacy. On my terms! I play the game so I and only I choose the rules! I only move in from edit town. Yep that breaks the "rules" but here's my two-cents. It's my computer, my game, my time, so why should someone else tell me how to play? I love the game alot but I think it's because I play MY way! As everyone can probably tell, I hate being told what to do! I think that's why I love this game, I control them not the other way around! That's a huge part of why I never play challenges, I make up the rules as I go! And my #1 rule is always have static needs and that breaks every challenge and tournament rule there is! Aria is the reason I started this "legacy" I saw her talking about the townie challenge, so I started one of my own! I created 2 YAs in CAS made them green and there last name is Adams. Every heir must be green! 

Arecinium

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2010, 05:19:41 AM »
I started a legacy. On my terms! I play the game so I and only I choose the rules! I only move in from edit town. Yep that breaks the "rules" but here's my two-cents. It's my computer, my game, my time, so why should someone else tell me how to play? I love the game alot but I think it's because I play MY way! As everyone can probably tell, I hate being told what to do! I think that's why I love this game, I control them not the other way around! That's a huge part of why I never play challenges, I make up the rules as I go! And my #1 rule is always have static needs and that breaks every challenge and tournament rule there is! Aria is the reason I started this "legacy" I saw her talking about the townie challenge, so I started one of my own! I created 2 YAs in CAS made them green and there last name is Adams. Every heir must be green! 

I think you seem very creative! The thing with only green heir is cute I think. And I think it is good that for people who like challenges that they can participate, while others may only get some inspiration to change their gameplay. I agree with you that it is your game and you ca do what you like, that is the also reason why I love the sims so much! Hope you have fun with you new green family :)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2010, 07:23:25 AM »
We need to get back on topic, which is the friendly Move In option, not legacies or playing by certain sets of rules.  Thanks much!  :)

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

anything